Sofia - a funny, fully voiced and scripted follower(WIP)

djjohnjarvis

Well if they dont like how she looks, they can just walk past it, to be honest, as you cant please all.
just focus on how you want her and we others are going to use her untill she dies :tongue: this mod sounds like it would be amazing, and i would use her even if you just had copied lydias look, so you know, you have my future download already :P

Edited by elricshan

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to hear that. I'm happy with how she looks so there's not much more to say on that matter. What I was actually referring to was what kind of outfit I should put her in but that's not a big deal really, I just can't be bothered to search cos I'm lazy lol. What I really want to know though is what kind of features people would like to see included in an advanced, scripted follower.

The ability to tell her where to place herself on the battlefield.

I'd love if I could tell her to stay back and defend. Support me with buffs or used ranged weapons.

I'd like to be able to tell her not to use summons.

I'd like to be able to give her spell books and have her learn the spells, or if its too hard something like Smart Cast where she can learn whatever spell is in my X hand and use it under Y circumstances.

Or if things are too easy, tell her to sneak, make herself invisible and sit combat out. Or perhaps even just give her a fear effect and have her run for her life at the sight of combat.

Long demanding list I know.

No that's great. It's not like I have to implement them all and I do have my own ideas as well but it's always good to hear what kind of things people think I should focus on. So basically you want advanced combat features which seems reasonable enough and most of those requests aren't too difficult for me to do.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I was just saying it out loud, I didn't mean to doubt anything. I really like how you designed Sofia though. The look, the features... I believe she's gonna be so amazing. Just wanna say good luck and wish you the best for everything before I'm off. I'm waiting for Sofia. :thumbsup:

Ok thanks. I knew what you were saying and in theory it was a very good idea but just not very practical from a technical viewpoint when taking save games and other mods which affect appearance into account. As I said though I welcome ideas and I know that not everyone knows loads about scripting or the CK so I do take that into consideration and for some requests I can put a suitable alternative based around an idea. :)

Omg, finally, another credible and well done female follower mod since Cerwiden or Vilja! This one looks amazing, keep up your good work.

One request though: many of the custom voiced followers out there annoy me for the same reason: they tell their random sentences WAY TOO OFTEN. I mean, waaaaaaayyyyy too often. It gets really annoying. Please make sure, especially if Sofia has lots of them, that she does not tell them each 30 seconds real time. Please!!!

Voice is strong and firm, character appearance is not. Sounds like a woman, looks like a girl. I'll keep my eye out for this, but will definitely edit her face.

Keep up the good work, nonetheless!

Ok thanks. I knew what you were saying and in theory it was a very good idea but just not very practical from a technical viewpoint when taking save games and other mods which affect appearance into account. As I said though I welcome ideas and I know that not everyone knows loads about scripting or the CK so I do take that into consideration and for some requests I can put a suitable alternative based around an idea. :smile:

Thanks. She not only has quite a bit of dialogue so there should be less repeats but you can set the amount of time between her comments in her custom MCM menu or just turn them off altogether if you prefer. With MCM menu support I can add things such as sliders and such so you can easily have every setting of hers adjustable to the exact amount you want instantly so if you want you can have her make a comment once a day(in game that is).

Voice is strong and firm, character appearance is not. Sounds like a woman, looks like a girl. I'll keep my eye out for this, but will definitely edit her face.

Keep up the good work, nonetheless!

Well she is only in her very early 20s and she is supposed to be very cute and innocent looking it even says that in her dialogue. Anyway that's up to you, it's a personal opinion.

Edited by djjohnjarvis