Sudden FPS drop

SWFANATIC100

I decided i wanted to do a new Skyrim play through, updated mods and installed a few new ones. I currently have 190 mods active but around 250 installed. I have RealVision ENB Option C full graphics on and enboost and I was getting framerates between 70 to 200 fps and now after i have installed the latest nvidia drivers, my game is running about 20 fps on average. I have already googled this problem, i have tried re installing skyrim, re installing drivers, rolling back drivers, deactivating enb, restoring ini files, deactivating mods and i am having no luck

My specs:

CPU: i7 2600k 3.4Ghz, overclocked to 4.6ghz Quad-Processor

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3gb

RAM: 12gb

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Edited by SWFANATIC100

I decided i wanted to do a new Skyrim play through, updated mods and installed a few new ones. I currently have 190 mods active but around 250 installed. I have RealVision ENB Option C full graphics on and enboost and I was getting framerates between 70 to 200 fps and now after i have installed the latest nvidia drivers, my game is running about 20 fps on average. I have already googled this problem, i have tried re installing skyrim, re installing drivers, rolling back drivers, deactivating enb, restoring ini files, deactivating mods and i am having no luck

My specs:

You made the mistake of letting ENB on your system .... :wallbash:

Have you also installed the base ENB from Boris Vorontsov ?

My specs:

Yes i do

My specs:

Yes i do

Are you wanting to tweak it and keep it ? or get rid of it ?

My specs:

Yes i do

Ive been running the same enb and it has never affected my performance, i even tried getting rid of it and it still did not affect the framerate

My specs:

Yes i do

Ive been running the same enb and it has never affected my performance, i even tried getting rid of it and it still did not affect the framerate

Certian drivers are better than others if it isn't broken... leave it alone ! did you update the .ini in my docs/games ? Try that first toss the old and create new. If that does not help then go back to the old driver.

My specs:

Yes i do

Certian drivers are better than others if it isn't broken... leave it alone ! did you update the .ini in my docs/games ? Try that first toss the old and create new. If that does not help then go back to the old driver.

I uninstalled all of my nvidia drivers and installed the drivers off my asus disk that came with my graphics card and that seemed to fix it :) Still don't understand why latest nvidia drivers have that effect on my game

My specs:

Yes i do

I uninstalled all of my nvidia drivers and installed the drivers off my asus disk that came with my graphics card and that seemed to fix it :smile: Still don't understand why latest nvidia drivers have that effect on my game

Some drivers set PCI - E Bclk @ 100 hz well.... and others have issues with it if that base clock is all over the place your performance will be crappy.