Rome: Total War

Dark0ne

Erm, are you using the 1.1 or the 1.0 version? To be honest, i've yet to experience a single crash, a record for my gaming career. Do the usual thing like gettin gthe most up-to-date drivers for your graphics card and soundcard (i've just had major problems with mine screwing up games, so it might be that). If that doesn't work, try a re-install. I'll try to find out some more online but to be honest i've never heard someone complain about crashes in Rome before. What about all the guys who were talking in the other Rome thread?

I never really played Medieval or Shogun tho I was looking forward to Rome: Total War for months, even years. It's just a marvelous game, the board-game overvieuw may be kinda dull to most people but the battles are magnificent. Imagine two massive armies op over 1000 units strong battering into each other, the view after the battle is quiete intense. Only remark I make is the fact that the Roman Empire is made too powerfull.If you play with any of the other races you sooner or later get to deal with the Romans and the chance of the Roman Empire being destroyed early in the game is extremely low, never encountered it tbh.

Magnificent game in short ^_^ , good for intense playing the first month and good for filling up those bored gaps afterwards.

It defenitly made it too one of my must-have list.

Same here i waited for this game ever since i saw Time Commanders on channel two, got it for christmas is a great game.

True the roman empire is made to strong, but i tactic ive found quite effective against the Romans is playing as the Parthians. Use lots of Persian cavalry some elephants and 1-2 cataprapht cavalry and then hit and run. Looks great when you fight a 4,000 strong army and you pummil it with thousands of arrows, carnage :)

Carthage and Elephants oh my. All I use. Elephants just rip through enemy lines the only problem is that they tend to get out of control and you have to kill them :( Overall its one of the best dam games i have ever played.

so do you have to beat the game with one of the roman factions before you can play as another civilization? right now I am playing as Julii, and have conquored the gauls, spanish, carthaginians (with some help from scipii) and am fighting over the far north with the britanians.

any tips on how to get more popular support, i do as many of their missions as i can but i was wondering if their were other things i could do. hehe, I already have a fort garrisoned with a lot of soldiers just outside of rome....waiting for the right moment.

The way it works (i think) is you get the civs which YOU wipe out, for example if you wiped out Gaul then you'd get that civ, i'm only saying this because its what happened with me. But there is a way to get them all and even ones that arent playable like Macedon and the Spanish and so on, just look for hints and tips all you have to do is find a file and drag soething somewhere lol

Not sure if this works but try capturing the wonders of the world, the plebians seem to like that, worked for me.

hehe, I already have a fort garrisoned with a lot of soldiers just outside of rome....waiting for the right moment.

1. Do know one thing... Once you invade Rome and destroy the Senate the Scipii and Brutii will break their alliances and declare war on you. They arent unbeatable for sure but this delays everything. Cause they will throw everything they have at you, your cities will have to withstand one siege after an another. And dont think it will be over by just capturing Italy. Basicly if you have Rome, the first thing you should do then is whipe out the other Roman families and this takes a lot of time cause both possess a military force beyond your belief.

2. You get acces to other civilisations by either destroying them ( tho do know this doesnt always work ) or finish the game with one civilisation. After this civilisation you get acces to other civs ( but not all)