minmax money rewards don't seem to work (XComGameData.ini)

jpinard

This is the ini file in the /My Document/My Games/XCOM Enemy Within/XComGame/Config folder

Changes to lines such as m_iMeldAwardedPerContainer=10 work just fine, so I'm wondering if the changes to minmax rewards don't show up until later? Or if they should show new minimum dollar values right away?

All of these lines work:

[XComGame.XComMeldContainerActor]

m_iMeldAwardedPerContainer=10

[XComGame.XGBattle_SPCovertOpsExtraction]

m_iCovertOpsCashRewardAmount=100

[XComGame.XGBattle_SPCaptureAndHold]

m_iAllPointsSafeCashRewardAmount=50

[XComStrategyGame.XGFacility_CyberneticsLab]

m_iModCashCost=10

m_iModMeldCost=10

m_iModDays=3

m_fMecRepairCostMod=0.5

[XComStrategyGame.XGFacility_Barracks]

NUM_RECYCLE_MISSIONS=2 ; number of missions before a dead soldier's medals will reappear

NUM_INTERNATIONAL_SERVICE_CONTINENTS=3 ; number of continents that must be visited before receiving the International medal

NUM_MEDALOFHONOR_MISSIONS=3 ; number of various special missions that must be won before receiving Council medal

NUM_PER_CLASS_DISTRIBUTION=4 ; to determine what classes your soldiers get, all classes are added this number of times to an array

NUM_REMOVE_CLASS_DISTRIBUTION=3 ; this number of entries is removed at random from that array.

[XComStrategyGame.XGStrategyActorNativeBase]

HQASSAULT_REINFORCEMENT_CAPACITY=8 ; number of blueshirts that will appear in HQ assault. changing this is not wise since the map expects it to be a certain number.

BLUESHIRT_WILL_MOD=-10

BLUESHIRT_HP_MOD=-1

BLUESHIRT_AIM_MOD=0

START_DAY=1

START_MONTH=3

START_YEAR=2015

LOSE_CONDITION_NUM_DESERTERS=8

While working on mangling the DefaultGameCore.ini file for the new dynamic alien upgrade modlet, I noticed that the XComGameCore.ini copy of the file in My Games is automatically updated with any changes any time the game is launched.

Based on my fuzzy understanding most games write stuff into My Games because the game folder itself is often in Program Files which the OS makes inaccessible for security reasons. I'm pretty certain that making changes to XComGameCore.ini wouldn't work because the original DefaultGameCore.ini file would overwrite it at game launch.

The DefaultGameData.ini file similarly should be getting mirrored into the XComGameData.ini file in the My Games folder.

In EU these copies were made to support the addition of DLC. The config files in My Games were merged versions of base game + DLC. So far there's no DLC for Enemy Within, but as prolific as the map team was for the expansion it wouldn't surprise me to see DLC packs of new maps.

The core game's map set is in DefaultMaps.ini, which corresponds to the XComMap.ini file in My Games.

In DefaultMaps.ini most of the new maps are prefaced with the comment:

;Temp XPack

While working on mangling the DefaultGameCore.ini file for the new dynamic alien upgrade modlet, I noticed that the XComGameCore.ini copy of the file in My Games is automatically updated with any changes any time the game is launched.

I'm pretty certain that making changes to XComGameCore.ini wouldn't work because the original DefaultGameCore.ini file would overwrite it at game launch.

Confirmed - when is loose DGC.ini loading enabled.

In vanilla EW XcomGameCore.ini isn't updated in case of changes to XComEW.exe's resource cache and its values aren't used.

Edited by Drakous79

Based on my fuzzy understanding most games write stuff into My Games because the game folder itself is often in Program Files which the OS makes inaccessible for security reasons. I'm pretty certain that making changes to XComGameCore.ini wouldn't work because the original DefaultGameCore.ini file would overwrite it at game launch.

The DefaultGameData.ini file similarly should be getting mirrored into the XComGameData.ini file in the My Games folder.

In EU these copies were made to support the addition of DLC. The config files in My Games were merged versions of base game + DLC. So far there's no DLC for Enemy Within, but as prolific as the map team was for the expansion it wouldn't surprise me to see DLC packs of new maps.

The core game's map set is in DefaultMaps.ini, which corresponds to the XComMap.ini file in My Games.

In DefaultMaps.ini most of the new maps are prefaced with the comment:

;Temp XPack

I was about to try coping sections that are missing from the DGC.ini to the XComGameData.ini but the title headers seemed different so I didn't bother. Are you saying it might have worked?