All my stuff is now stolen?

Jinizinus

whenever I try to adopt a child, the stuff in my house changes factions or something, because suddenly every storage container I own now is marked "steal" when I hover over it, if I try to take something from the container, my kid yells at me and takes it back. I don't know if it's a mod that's messing with things or a side effect for using player.addfac to get around the fact that earlier in the game the greymanes attacked me when I tried using my voice during training. Any help would be much appreciated!

I also want to add that this is my second playthrough and neither of the things I mentioned happened the first time through.

Edited by Jinizinus

• 4 months later...

Bumping because I'm having the exact same problem, though without adopting a child. I entered Proudspire Manor once, then returned days later and suddenly every item is marked as "Steal" when I hover over it. My housecarl is living there and acknowledges it as my house and I can still sleep in my bed.

• 9 months later...

Bump. Ditto/similar situation here.

On my current play through the more expensive items in proudspire are not marked as my property. If i pluck them Jordis Goes AWOL, which in and of itself is not a huge problem. However I can not store anything worth more than 25/30 septims in the house without its ownership changing either, and that is a big problem.

• I don't have any mods that affect proudspire manor (or should be at least).
  • On a previous playthrough I used console commands to fix the housecarls room, and tried some other commands to get the spouse to sleep upstairs rather then swiping the housecarls bedroll/bed. Don't remember what they were, or where on the googleverse the instructions were found.
  • Most oddly though is that the housecarls room is already renovated in my current playthorugh before I inform the Jarl of my being such a good samaritan and being awarded a housecarl**

I'm going to try "IsOwner" in console to get some more info and will make another post shortly(relatively speaking) in an effort to narrow down what gives.

However should anyone in the meantime have any ideas they'd care to share, I'm all ears.

**Need to, and will, reconfirm this. Pinch of salt recommended for the time being on that note.

I was incorrect recalling that Housecarls room being completed before I gained the housecarl. Memory got tripped up by too many reloads and reattempts repurchasing proudspire upgrades with the jarls steward.

Also...My issue is no longer exclusive to proudspire, now breezhome as well and likely others. I suspect I botched things up when I used the console to reassign stewards on the hearthfire homes.

Console commands to dismiss the steward of Lakeview Manor in Falkreath Hold:
SetConsoleScopeQuest BYOHHouseBuilding
EmptyRefAlias House1Steward
SetPapyrusQuestVar BYOHHouseFalkreath bHaveSteward False

Console commands to dismiss the steward of Windstad Manor in Hjaalmarch:
EmptyRefAlias House2Steward
SetPapyrusQuestVar BYOHHouseHjaalmarch bHaveSteward False

Console commands to dismiss the steward of Heljarchen Hall in the Pale:
EmptyRefAlias House3Steward
SetPapyrusQuestVar BYOHHousePale bHaveSteward False

:edit:

oh boy...every item I store in any of my homes becomes someone else's property.

:Edit 2.0:

For the poor soul that finds this thread while googling about trying to resolve their similar issue.

If you're on PC try using the console to make each home yours again.

1st command when in console will be to find the cell ID, with proudspire as an example

"Help proudspire"

This should return all the ID's for all skyrim objects with any part of their name including the keyword proudspire. Find the correct ID (ex 000ABC123)

2nd Command when you've isolated the Cell ID for your home

player.SetCellOwnership "ABC123Jackson5" (insert the correct ID and not the one I'm using here as an example)

This should make everything within the cell yours. Including everything in all chests, barrels, selves, wardrobes etc.

Disclaimer: I do not know what long term effects this will have, or if/how it may affect followers within those cells you choose to reclaim. I hope none, but have not tested to any great length beyond my own immediate surface level success with it.

Edited by MoonSpot