New mod author comment moderation features and updated terms of servic

Dark0ne

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second new feature is the ability to block a user completely from your file page or all your file pages. We’ve also added in a convenient link to the pre-existing forum page that allows you to block specific users from PM’ing you. This functionality should be pretty self explanatory; if you have a problem user who won’t leave you alone and you no longer wish for them to be able to access your file pages then you can block them entirely either from that specific file or all your uploaded files. Note that this doesn’t just block the user from commenting, it blocks them from your entire file page; they won’t see a single thing or be able to download your files and they will be presented with an access denied page explaining that you, the mod author, have blocked their access to the page.

How does it Works? Only for Premium Members? Please PM me for explain (No native english Speaker...)

• 2 years later...

In response to post #10250210.

I can't see this ever happening to me, but it makes me wonder what if someone abuses the feature to keep someone from using their mod because they made some valid comments on thet mod in a polite and respectful way?

Then that mod author is a colossal douche and you're much better off not using or supporting his work anyway! :smile:

I hope it never comes to this but sometimes people who make stuff can not understand constructive criticism well and might take offence to a harmless post a user made who was only trying to help improve the mod for future versions. There are some people sadly who don't take even constructive criticism well and see it as 'bashing'.

I rarely post on mods unless it's to say thank you. I just hope this doesn't turn into a system where everyone is afraid to provide constructive feedback for fear of being completely cut off from a mod they loved and were only trying to help make better. I'm not talking about people who are cursing right and left saying all sorts of unreasonable stuff but simply those who are replying in a polite manner things that are wrong and could possibly be better in the mod. I've seen mod makers on various games in the past get mad over this and pretty sure if they had a power like this would have blocked any opposition.

But here's to hoping it's used responsibily =)

I seem to think that constructive criticism comes from people who have actually downloaded the mod and have some positive feedback. These people have taken a stake in the mod and are justified in their commentary, even if it is an opinion.

Comments from people who haven't downloaded the mod is just useless blah blah. These people have no stake in the mod and are just spouting off to see their ID in print or to up their post counts. Such commentary is an abuse of the system and should be treated as such.

I am not a "recognized mod author"; but should that eventuality arise, comments from non-stake holders will be promptly deleted. I have no time for "great mod ... but ... would be better if ..." from someone who isn't even using the mod. And should they return, they are banned.

Edited by PoorlyAged