Best games music

RSD91

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite music would be from WoW and LoTRO.

Some good examples there, if there's one thing Blizzard is good at, it's making music.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Any of the Halo series. I like the style, like the composition and I like the use music as a storytelling tool. The two early Quake games aswell, not really used as it is in Halo, but it suited perfectly, and just hearing it play makes me feel nostalgic-it was very memorable. Beyond that probably Crysis aswell. WarHead's score had moments of real heavy metal brilliance, they all did to a degree. And to finish off, Max Payne 3, for the same reasons as Halo.(If you haven't played that, play it, you've got no excuse, it's a masterpiece)

The game with the most annoying music for me would be easily Gran Turismo 5's abhorrent menu music. Horrible low-grade J-pop mixed with a bit of elevator music, and even some of what sound like advertising jingles. Oh the agony, thankfully you can turn it off/replace it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okFLt9lGxlc

Edited by Vindekarr

• 2 weeks later...

Morrowind exploration, Oblivion exploration, Skyrim dragon fights, Mass Effect music in general, Dragon Age Origins music in general, a few from Dragon Age 2, some of the Legend Of Zelda tracks, and I'm sure there's more.

Edited by billyro