Best games music

RSD91

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonic Unleashed/Generations, Psychonauts, Deus Ex, Beyond Good and Evil, Final Fantasy 6, Timesplitters 2 and FEAR all have superb soundtracks.

• 2 months later...

My favourite game music comes from Company of Heroes and Medal of Honor (all of them). I love this kind of orchestral, epic music.

The soundtrack of Gothic 3 is also very good (sadly the game itself is not as good as its soundtrack).

Greatings, Ulthar

I'd like to add to my previous post, wherever it is.

Darksiders II has pretty good music. Standalone, it's probably not the best music, BUT, the way the game handles it is superb. A lot of the time you don't hear anything - just the ambience, the wind, the scuttling of enemies - and then this beautiful music just breezes through and fills the world with magic.

Yeah.

• 5 months later...
Music that I tend to go back and listen moare age of empires,elder scroll games,few guild wars tracks, all if warcraft games 1,2,3,wow,starcraft 1. Stacraft 2 "the deal"

• 3 months later...

Warhammer 40K: Space marine was, depending on who you ask, either a very obscure third-person shooter with some major faults, or blatant foul heresy worthy only of execution of all involved. And yet for everything it did wrong, it had a beautiful musical score. Think Star Wars, but with a darker, sadder undertone.

Dark, brooding and melancholy, it suits the universe perfectly, and fans couldn't have asked for more. The music was arguably the highpoint of a very poor game; colourful and interesting while everything else about it was either grey or brown. If the writing or artwork could have matched the audio's gothic qualities it would have been a masterpiece, not a disaster.

EDIT: This song takes an absolute century to get going, but it really sums up the whole soundtrack: dark, melancholy strings performed beautifully.

Edited by Vindekarr

Chrono Trigger has a beatiful and stunning OST. Its my favorite.

!COMMENTS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

At the Bottom of the Night

To Far Away Times

Frogs Theme

My list could go on and on. I could list all 64 songs. They are just that good and untouchable.

Another great series with awesome music is Y's.

Genesys Beyond the Beginning from Ys Origin

Scars of the Divine Wing also from Ys Origin

Last but not least i want to mention two song that are burned into my brain...

Invincible from World of Warcraft..."no king rules forever my son"...memories.

And Boat Quay Town from Maplestory. I dont know what it is but this song is so mellow and relaxing, almost like ... heaven.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...