Squint eyed

metaforce

Hello altogether

I have a problem with one of my characters eyes.

Recently I've added a new eyecolor (DarkSeducer eyes) to one of my custom races (Raven Elves)

The eyes show up on the character...however the irises don't appear on the front of the eyeball. In fact my character appears incredibly squint-eyed to a degree that the irises aren't visible anymore.

Could this be produced by other mods? I've tried deactivating other mods but to no avail so far.

Anybody there who can help me with this?

Thanks in advance

I use Rens beauty Mod. I already tried deactivating it, owever that didn't fix it.

I also tried to use a different nif for that race. However i Can't figure out how to use the vanilla nif for that characters eyes.

My assumption is....Dark Seducer eyes are a vanilla eye color but I use a custom nif for my characters eyes. If I could find the nif for a vanilla race eye color and change that nif in the face gen data of my custom race ... that could fix the problem.

Anyways thanx for the quick answer

Ok I narrowed it down....

The problem is definitely caused by the custom nif file used in the races face data.

Somehow I can't figure out to change this data to the vanilla nif file

It should be in Data\characters\Imperial\

the files are called EyeLeftHuman.nif and EyeRightHuman.nif

if I look into that folder the files aren't there....my assumption is they are extracted out of oblivion.esm (or the shivering isles file respectively) when starting the game...

I'm going to create a new race using dark seducer race as a duplicate and then changing all the nif files to the custom race nifs (exept the nif for the eyes of course)

Takes a little more work than I anticipated...if anyone has an idea how to change the eyes nif file for a custom race to the vanilla nif file...I would really be glad

Thanxs to all of you in advance

Ok I've fixed the eyes of my character...

However...as the dark seducer (which I duplicated to create the new race as I wrote above) uses the dark elf files for the characters ears...my character now has ears with a dark elven complexion.

I learned (man over the last hours I've learned a lot about modding Oblivion...which isn't a bad thing) that the vanilla files are packed in a bsa file....I'm going to use BSAcommander now to get the files necessary to get this right...

I'm going to fix this.....

Thanx anyway

Yeah!

Everything is working as it should work now....

In the end I can say that my solution isn't the most elegant way. If I would have known what I've learned today before I could have found a more elegant solution.

Anyway I learned A LOT about Oblivion and modding it along the way...so its not a bad thing.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanx to anyone who might read this!

/closed

Archived