2 replies to this topic

Savage967

Savage967

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey guys,

just a quick question: How can I deinstall the RealVision ENB mod? Skyrim always crashes because of it and I already tried to fix it with different methods but nothing helped. So I dont want to lose my whole interest in the game and just deinstall the mod but I don't know which files to delete in my Skyrim folder.

Thx for the help.

DanielCoffey

DanielCoffey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,625 posts

There will be the d3d9.dll and enbhost.exe plus whatever was in the RealVIsion file that you downloaded. If you didn't keep the original download you could get it again, unpack it to a different location and go through your Skyrim data directory and clear out the affected files.

Lord Garon

Lord Garon

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Best way: If you installed it with a mod manager, uninstall it with the mod manager.

Second best: Got to the Nexus RealVision mod page, click on the FORUM or POSTS icon and ask how to completely uninstall RealVision. Different RealVisions install different files.

Third best: Locate your RealVision mod download and open it in 7-zip (or whatever) to see what files RealVision added when it was installed (extracted). Remove those.

Fourth best: If you just delete the ENB "d3d9.dll" file from your Skyrim directory, nothing in any ENB's will work.

Lessons learned: mod mangers make installing and, especially, uninstalling much easier. NMM will install (extract) loose file mod archives for you and allows for easy uninstall, especially if the mod overwrote any existing files.

Edited by Lord Garon, 22 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.059 seconds