Oblivion won't patch to 1.2.0.416

dragon1990

Hi, I just downloaded OBSEv17 today and I found out that v17 requires oblivion v1.2.0.416. I downloaded the patch and ran it, the patcher said that the update is complete, but the version for my Oblivion.exe is still the version before the patch (1.2.0.214). No matter how many times I run the patch, it always says the update is complete without actually updating the file, and I am unable to start Oblivion via OBSE now because of this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Yes, I have tried rebooting my computer, it did not help.

When I ran the patch file, it said that if I had installed a "beta patch", I'll have to reinstall Oblivion, maybe this is the problem? My Oblivion's current version is 1.2.0.214, is this a beta version? If possibly I really would like to avoid reinstalling, because of all the mods I already got. Is it possible to manually patch Oblivion? If so can someone upload the files that need to be overwritten? Thanks a bunch.

Ok, I think I figured out what the problem is here.

Apparently I had a copy of Oblivion.exe in a folder of my Oblivion directory, and the updater got confused and patched this file instead, because the version of this copy is 1.2.0.416.

But for some god knows why reason, I did some very dumb thing after I figured this out. Instead of simply overwrite the actual file with this updated extra copy, I perma-deleted this extra copy and attempted to re-patch. Now the updater gives me the error saying "Old file not found, a file with the same name is found, nothing is updated since the contents do not match." :wallbash: It seems to me that the quickest way for me to get around this is to get a version 1.2.0.416 Oblivion.exe from someone and overwrite my existing file, can someone please upload one? Thanks.

This is a request for pirated material and forbidden under the terms and conditions of the Nexus sites. Any piracy will result in an instant ban.

dragon1990 banned for piracy. Bben46, Moderator

Link to pirated Oblivion deleted, Member banned for piracy.

Posting links to copyrighted material - in this case Oblivion.exe. Is expressly prohibited by the terms and condition.

Please do not ask for or post links to copyrighted material on the Nexus sites as this will lead to an instant ban

From the terms of service you agreed to when you joined.

Through your use of any Nexus site you agree that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, related to piracy, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of UK law. Know that in severe cases legal action can be taken against you.

The posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material, is strictly prohibited on any Nexus site. Legal inquiries regarding copyright infringement are taken very seriously on Nexus sites and we will work with any legal body to identify and bring to justice anyone who might use a Nexus site to share copyrighted material.

Bben46, Moderator

Archived