XCOM:EU armor models in EW

AlyAly

Hi,
I have noticed that the female armors in EW were repalced with a more version that looks like a modified thing of the male armor. In this case, there is only one texture in EW instead of 2 for both the female and the male armor (like carapace). Is there any way to get the old female armors back in EW?

If we're talking about textures, then there may be a way - changing texture references in Soldier_FemaleKevlar_SF.upk, but it's research in progress :)

I mean changing the model. Both EW and Eu has the soldier_female(armor)_SF.upk. When I replace the EW one with the EU one the game crashes. Is the soldier_female(armor)_SF.upk the model and teture?

The upk contains:

• model
  • 64x64, 32x32, 16x16, 8x8 and 4x4 textures

2048x2048, 1024x1024, 512x512, 256x256 and 128x128 textures are stored in CharTextures.tfc.

I doubt we can change models at the moment. I think we may be able to append new textures at the end of tfc (texture file cache) file and update size and offset references in the upk.

Could I change the files to load in the PCConsoleTOC file? Then choosing the path to the upk in the XCOMgame foldern, not in the XEW, is this possible?

It has not worked. But can we repack texture packeges, the tfc files?. When I simply copy the EU armor upk in the CookedPCConsole folder, the game crashes. I think it needs the matching textures. Can we pack the old textures in the chartextures.tfc?

Yes...but i don't know why it hasn't worked. I think the only change is the model itself, and te texture. But why does the game crashes when I select a soldier in the barracks?

like i thought...I will try to load a tfc with the appropiate textures and the model...