XCOM:EU armor models in EW

AlyAly

Better would be to insert 15 missing textures from EU's to EW's CharTextures.tfc and rewrite data sizes and tfc file offsets in Soldier_Female(Armor)_SF.upk. I hope we can append textures in this fashion.

yeah, im really new at xcom modding, and i dont know how to pack tfcs. how can i do that?

It is something new for me too.

I've been browsing through Soldier_FemaleKevlar_SF.upk and found an entry PR_ReproportionMale2Female :smile:

To unlink textures from male, change names inside Soldier_FemaleKevlar_SF.upk (with HxD or PatcherGUI):

• CHH_Lv1MedMale_MOD to CHH_Lv1MedFeme_MOD
  • MInst_Lv1MedMale1 to MInst_Lv1MedFeme1

You should be able to map different textures to female kevlar with Texmod after the change.

My Texmod stopped working with the most helpful error message in the world of computers "S..t Happened ... D'OH". Turning of antivirus didn't help. So I had to test textures without Texmod.

http://i.imgur.com/LejFZVe.jpg

Weapon scaling is weird. Everything is ok on loadout screen, but here her left hand isn't holding the gun properly.

Edited by Drakous79

Thanks for the link. So SF is clever way to load less and faster?

This part interested me:

Textures usually don't have their payload / bulk data duplicated but rather only have the UObject data and the lowest miplevels be put into the seek free package and have the rest streamed in via the texture streaming code.

For weapons and maybe all models, textures of 64x64 size and lower are embedded in upks.