XCOM:EU armor models in EW

AlyAly

have i to copy the EU upk in the ew folder? because the armor mesh is in the EU upk..

No need to copy EU upk.

I had to reinstall Windows to get Texmod working again, but it was definitely worth it. Tested renaming as advised and it doesn't work :sad:

So ignore text below please. We will have to take different approach.

Just open XEW\XComGame\CookedPCConsole\Soldier_FemaleKevlar_SF.upk with HxD, use search or CTRL+F and rename:

• CHH_Lv1MedMale_MOD to CHH_Lv1MedFeme_MOD
  • MInst_Lv1MedMale1 to MInst_Lv1MedFeme1

That should be enough for Texmod to use different texture for females wearing kevlar. Export the texture with Texmod and use some texture you like.

In case it doesn't work, you can also rename texture names:

• Lv1MedMale_DIF to Lv1MedFeme_DIF
  • Lv1MedMale_NRM to Lv1MedFeme_NRM
  • Lv1MedMale_SPC to Lv1MedFeme_SPC
Edited by Drakous79

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was looking around and I found this. I read the description but I don't quite understand it.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/xcom-enemy-unknown-within-armor-weapons-other-files-212947/

Seems like extracted models with textures for unfolding, so real world replicas can be made (of paper or some other material).

I was looking around and I found this. I read the description but I don't quite understand it.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/xcom-enemy-unknown-within-armor-weapons-other-files-212947/

Seems like extracted models with textures for unfolding, so real world replicas can be made (of paper or some other material).

Has anyone "unfolded" these? Presumably, for use? I have no idea how to do anything in terms of modding/modifying assets but have been really wanting EU's armors in EW.

Also, has anyone noticed that EU's hair colors are different for females between Enemy Unknown to Enemy within? (Hint: The eyebrows on females in Enemy within are seperated; the brows are brown/black while the hair is blonde; black; etc.; as opposed to Enemy Within where the brows are directly related to hair color). Has anyone figured out how to revert these changes from EW back to how EU handled hair (and the armor part too)?

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...