SKSE Can't look up or down

BlinkRiddle

I'm returning to Skyrim and modding of Skyrim after about a year and have rediscovered the headache that modding can be at times. The big one that I cannot seem to find a solution for is this:

While playing the game, I have found that I cannot look up or down when running or while any weapons are drawn. Also when I begin to run or when I draw my weapon, the camera shifts to point straight ahead and won't allow me to make any y-axis movement.

Now I have searched Google as well as the Nexus for a solution for this and all I could find were solutions regarding a bug caused by a patch some time back but alas, these solutions did not prove fruitful for me. However, through some expert troubleshooting, courtesy of my magnificent brain (okay, to be honest I just randomly stumbled across this) I found that the problem is caused by the Skyrim Script Extender, and it doesn't appear to be caused by any mods that may require the launcher. Playing the game normally, the problem does not exist, but the moment I start it up via the SKSE Launcher, the problem returns and might as well display a giant troll face splashed across my screen.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is there any solutions that could be offered to me?

I look forward to any insight regarding this issue, thanks in advance :)

I think it has something to do with the files in the SKSE file, I installed a mod sometime later that replaced one of the files in that folder and it worked fine after that. I wish I knew which file it was so someone else could fix similar problems but mine is fixed now.

I had this same problem: If you have the Immersive FP mod installed, uninstall it. That worked for me. Also after that running Skyrim with SKSE was fine.

I got this problem after installing Immersive FP, but not right away. Uninstalling doesn't solve the problem for me.

I can look side to side, no problem. Can't look up or down.

When I go into third person mode, the camera is thrown off the map to some random location. If I toggle Immersive FP back on, it puts the camera stuck to my character's face. I can control the character, but the camera angle doesn't changed. It's so messed up, I don't even know where to begin fixing it.

Edited by nfin90

I WORKED IT OUT!

God damn it, this has been bugging me for so long. I had the exact same issue, with SKSE the y axis was locked in third person mode if I was moving or in combat. I manually uninstalled every mod I had to see if any of those were causing the problem, to no avail. nfin90, it IS ImmersiveFP causing the problem. I had uninstalled it also, and deleted all it's files, but the problem still prevailed.

Thinking about the fact that it only had the issue in SKSE however, I saw that with the installation of the mod comes a plugin for SKSE. You can find it in: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins. The little bugger is called FirstPersonPlugin.dll. Simply delete this file, and everything will work out ok!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I WORKED IT OUT!

God damn it, this has been bugging me for so long. I had the exact same issue, with SKSE the y axis was locked in third person mode if I was moving or in combat. I manually uninstalled every mod I had to see if any of those were causing the problem, to no avail. nfin90, it IS ImmersiveFP causing the problem. I had uninstalled it also, and deleted all it's files, but the problem still prevailed.

Thinking about the fact that it only had the issue in SKSE however, I saw that with the installation of the mod comes a plugin for SKSE. You can find it in: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins. The little bugger is called FirstPersonPlugin.dll. Simply delete this file, and everything will work out ok!

Dude thx, It was so annoying to type "player.tc" twice every damn time I entered the game or loaded a save, omg this is perfect Edited by jedes998

• 3 months later...

I have this problem.

I don't have ImmersiveFP

Nevermind, I fixed it.

Here's exactly what I did.

1.Type player.tc in console

2.repeat the first step

3. Mounted a horse

4. Saved

5. Loaded the save where i was on a horse.

Being on a horse/being in third person probably has nothing to do with it.