OMOD And Instalation

Eastlin

A common mistake is the belief OMOD is something different in the ways the engine sees the mod. OMOD is just a compressed file and 'in fact' the same thing as the 7z file with an extra folder with installing procedures and general informations (which may include it's own script to allow choices about what to install). So it is in nothing unlike any other mod directly installed, it have all the files the no OMOD version would have and any and every file can be retrieved from it (and it can be unpacked without issues justly changing the omod extent for 7z, since it is just a 7z, if for some reason the user will not use OBMM to do so).

Beyond putting the files and folders in the correct structure and places, it will keep a track of what it installs, making eventual deactivation so much easier (deactivating an OMOD actually removes the ESPs and other files from the mod at the /data structure). But, if the mod overwrites something, obviously it may be an issue don't matter if OBMM did it or they were deleted 'by hand' and the other mod responsible for the overwrote files must be reinstalled.

Those are only some advantages of using the OMOD format, there is much more on it, just try installing something complex like the omod version of the darnfied gui to have a feel of it's scripting powers (among several other mods that do the same).

PS: Just for the 'clearness' sake, the Oblivion's engine is not (even) aware of the OMOD's presence, it will 'see' only the ESPs and the other files, as aways did.

• 1 year later...

Im a noob to any sort of mod, So could someone help me out ?

Okayy... so i dragged and dropped the omod to the correct folder but when i go into the game to check if it worked.. Its the same ad if i didn't even add said mod to folder.

What am i doing wrong ?

Edited by AuroraBelle

Im a noob to any sort of mod, So could someone help me out ?

Okayy... so i dragged and dropped the omod to the correct folder but when i go into the game to check if it worked.. Its the same ad if i didn't even add said mod to folder.

What am i doing wrong ?

Welcome to the forums, AuroraBelle. Have you tried double-clicking on the omod? That's what I do when I download an omod. I assume you already have OBMM, right? FYI, if the mod is in a different format, you can often use "add archive." This works for most mods that come in a single item, such as a mod that has a files type WinRAR or WinRAR Zip. If it gets more complicated, the mod that you download should tell you how to handle it.

- may involve a lot of pressing the enter button though. It needs a do all button.

Try Ctrl+Enter - that's the usual way with OBMM