Mod to stop the world from scaling with my level?

Aelius28

To the TL;DR people: just read the last paragraph of this post please.

The problem (ranty): The world should not revolve around my character. The entire world in vanilla Skyrim levels up coincidentally with the player. Wolves suddenly go extinct, then an epidemic of bears sweeps the lands, then the bears go extinct and the trolls take their place. This all, conveniently, happens right when I reach just the right level to be able to stand a chance against the new enemies. And the friendly people are no exception. At the start of the game, blacksmiths all across the world are completely oblivious to, or unable to craft, high level equipment. A mere few weeks later, while my character was off doing his own thing, the blacksmiths suddenly learned how to craft better equipment! Wow, what a coincidence, right? Just in time too, because my character needs new trusty high-quality equipment since he is now fighting bandits who, themselves, suddenly learned how to make good equipment over the last mere week (maybe they're in league with those blacksmiths themselves!? Ye gods!)

Imagine one of the bandits saying to his bandit friend, "Hey, have you noticed how much more powerful we've gotten just sitting here being lazy and not even fighting anything over the last two weeks? Even our weapons have magically morphed into better quality ones!" and the other bandit replying, "Hmm, yeah, there must be some adventurer on the other side of the province who's been killing some stuff." The first bandit thinks for a few moments and, puzzled, inquires, "...Why is that making us more powerful?" The other bandit shrugs, "Hmm, those are dangerous questions you're asking! Best get back to your work."

---------------------

So, I'm looking for a mod that will make it so that enemies and merchants and loot are basically relatively static, meaning that the world is what it is when I'm on the carriage ride to Helgen and the world keeps on staying the way it is in the upcoming weeks and months of the game time, since the world doesn't (and shouldn't) dramatically change everything just because my character happened to have been roaming around for a few weeks.

Some areas should have level 5 enemies, some areas should have level 60 enemies, and they should remain that way forever. The level 5 bandits hiding in their dungeons shouldn't magically become 12x more powerful in a few short weeks, all because my character suddenly started to walk around and do stuff. Nor should the level 60 dragons suddenly magically find themselves 12x weaker just because my character hasn't killed enough bears and picked enough locks yet.

A mod called PISE caught my eye, but the mod's description seems to say that another mod, ASIS, has taken up the reigns of that task. So I went to the ASIS page and tried to find out if it does the same thing PISE does. I was shocked to find that a mod which overhauls the game's entire fundamental system of enemy difficulty and item availability was described in a single sentence: "Generally tends to be semi-static, with zones given level ranges 20 levels wide (ie, 35-55, 10-30, etc)." Wtf? "Generally" semi-static? How generally? And what does "semi"-static mean exactly? How semi? Which zones were given which level range, roughly? What does the "etc." part mean? Does that mean it goes beyond 55? Does that mean there are other ranges aside from the two mentioned? It's utterly and completely asinine and insane to me that the readme for such a huge change to the game is a single ambiguous sentence.

I then found a mod called "Skyrim Scaling Stopper", which does what it says except it limits the enemies to an average level of less than 20, with only 3% of enemies being higher than level 21, and that's only in designated non-"safe" zones. Other zones are even easier. So basically, the game is over by level 30 because it would be stupidly easy no matter where you went and no matter what you fought.

I then found a mod (authored by none other than the SkyRe author himself!) called "WTF" which claims to provide the ability to assign "minimum levels to all encounter zones." Hooray! I found the mod I've been looking for, right? Wrong. What the mod description not only fails to mention, but outright LIES about (as the author himself admits to in the comments to his mod,) is that it's still limited by the level limits in game. I'll let the mod author himself admit to lying his pants off (apparently, he doesn't seem to realize this...) - "The numbers affect chosen enemies from an assigned leveled list. If the mine lists contain maximum enemies with level 5, a WTF level of 70 will just mean that the enemies in the mine will always have the maximum level of 5, regardless of when you enter the mine." So, basically, his mod makes it so that enemies can be the same level that they would be in vanilla anyway or even lower level.

Those are the only mods I could find that tackle this glaring and fundamental problem in vanilla Skyrim. So, does anyone know of any mods besides "WTF", "ASIS", or "Skyrim Scaling Stopper", that make it so that enemies and merchants and loot don't level up with you? Or does anyone know what exactly that component of ASIS does? Preferably in more detail than a single ambiguous sentence, since the author already provides that. Thanks!

Edited by Aelius28

Topic locked since OP can't seem to post a query or a request without insulting the very mod authors involved. Maybe the time spend composing these rants would be better spent learning to mod for yourself.