Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

What are the defaults? Try raising them both by onnly 128MB? If it is stable but still crashes due to exceeding the memory capacity then increase it by another 128MB. I say this because increasbing the values so drastically could be causing there to be not enough RAM for other game processes to operate normally.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the defaults? Try raising them both by onnly 128MB? If it is stable but still crashes due to exceeding the memory capacity then increase it by another 128MB. I say this because increasbing the values so drastically could be causing there to be not enough RAM for other game processes to operate normally.

I'll try it. But like I said, even small changes wouldn't even let me load into the main menu :/

• 1 month later...

please help i dont know where to put these files and im pretty noob to the sheson thing i read it and like i didnt know where to code thosee codes my game freezes when i get to a specific spot in skyrim only one i know so far but the music still plays in the background PLS HELP

• 4 weeks later...

I like to use the latest SKSE unaltered and let Sheson's patch work its magic - it was easiest to do since I had already install the Sheson patch, did not wish to muck around inside SKSE and already had named one son after Sheson.

I also use uGrids toGo along with Safety Load. Combined they give me much more stability, which I put to the test and sometimes mess up by trying out new mods. Is this the right forum for mod addicts anonymous?

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me but I don't understand the process to install this patch :sick:

I need ENB for this patch ?

EDit : Ah ok, it's the skse.ini with the latest version of SKSE. Forget I've said above ^^

Edited by Thezibaim

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly? I installed the mod, and I still get crash upon startup.

Granted, this isn't a startup crash that is due to a dawnguard.ESP or Dragonborn.ESP

This is a startup crash that happened when I first tried to enter JK enhanced whiterun.

Now it crashes every time I start because I'm trying to enter an enhanced whiterun. Did the patch, am I missing something?

be aware that you very likely no longer need this mod if you use Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) because that program has recently incorporated these changes in to it self.

Are you _absolutely_ sure of that? I have tried everything there is (I think). SSME, SafetyLoad, ENB-Style patch (first post), SKSE only (which is what you suggest) and all possible combinations of those - have been there, have done that. I've been (and still am) dealing with these CTDs for years now. Over the years I've had Windows 7, now Windows 8.1, a 8800 GTS 512, a GTX 470 and atm a GTX 670. Skyrim continues to crash with every possible setup (it can't be the amount of RAM or the CPU either, i7-3770k with 32 GB of RAM). I tried moving Steam/Skyrim to different locations: hdd, ssd, ssd raid 0 - doesn't matter. As soon as I enable any kind of HD-textures it crashes always (rather than normally just "most of the time"). It sounds like a memory issue for sure, but it seems like nothing helps (probably I'm just too stupid). What a bummer.

Just to mention it: I am able to run other games without any problems whatsoever, because of which I highly doubt that it's my system that's causing the problem.

So, just to clarify this: Does using the latest skse (with the correct .ini-settings) provide the memory patch? No enb, no manual patch, no ssme?

So, just to clarify this: Does using the latest skse (with the correct .ini-settings) provide the memory patch? No enb, no manual patch, no ssme?

From what I've read of the changelog, SKSE v1.70 (and newer) should provide the RAM solution without any other mod being required. So you don't need ENB, SSME etc.

Be aware that in order for SKSE to work you'll need to configure Windows to not apply Data Execute Prevention limitations to the game (By default Windows only applies the limitation to it self and not other software). You may also need to use a external program to apply the Large Address Aware flag to the games EXE file (Unsure if SKSE does this automatically), Bethesda started doing this themselves with some of their patches but I dunno if they remembered to do so with the latest patch to the game.

Edited by Franpa