Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

For the passed 3 weeks i have been stuck in Riverwood , i have wiped and reinstall skyrim 4~5 times Clean save This patch didnt help me one bit actually made it worse. i am trapped inside riverwood and cant escape i get CTD when trying to leave. 3 weeks ><

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is outdated since SKSE 1.7.2, bc it keeps saying this.

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
256MB 256MB
85 8
85 8
and mempatch log says:
Sheson took your first born in exchange for more memory
Set your first Memory Block to = 512
Set your second Memory Block to = 256
but it doesn't change block 1 in reality...
and keep getting freezes and CTD..
Edited by progamerofhell1

I am SO confused... So, it says we no longer need DLL's and that changes can be created via SKSE.ini, correct? If such is the case, then why are there DLL files attached in the OP?

Also, do we still need:

[NotPlacebo]

GiveFirstBornToSheson=1
???
Or do we need ONLY:
[Memory]
EnablePatch=1
Block1=512
Block2=256
???
Or maybe both?
Then people are saying that the latest SKSE has all these optimizations... Is that true?
What about entries below:
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
???
Do those help/work?

I am SO confused... So, it says we no longer need DLL's and that changes can be created via SKSE.ini, correct? If such is the case, then why are there DLL files attached in the OP?

Also, do we still need:

[NotPlacebo]

GiveFirstBornToSheson=1
???
Or do we need ONLY:
[Memory]
EnablePatch=1
Block1=512
Block2=256
???
Or maybe both?
Then people are saying that the latest SKSE has all these optimizations... Is that true?
What about entries below:
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
???
Do those help/work?

i have tried all of those and none works anymore...

use SSME instead.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D50305&pUp=1

Edited by progamerofhell1

SSME says "If you're using the new build of SKSE that has support for changing the memory allocation values, you don't need SSME." I take it the latest SKSE Stable and Beta builds already have that. It means these entries should work:

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024
ScrapHeapSizeMB=512
Is there a way to check if they work??

Yes your skse_steam_loader.log file in Users\<Name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE should have your settings listed at the bottom like so

overriding memory pool sizes
default heap = 768MB (effective 512MB if not preloading animations)
scrap heap = 256MB

You should start with 768 instead of 1024 for DefaultHeap though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For those having trouble with the memory fix, could it be a conflict with ENBoost? According to S.T.E.P. there's a problem:

ExpandSystemMemoryX64 http://wiki.step-project.com/images/thumb/8/8e/Warning-Logo.png/20px-Warning-Logo.png Warning: It has been reported that this feature can conflict with "Sheson's Memory Patch 3.0" (now included with SKSE) by causing Skyrim to crash if the memory patch fix is used to increase Skyrim's initial heap allocation (Block 1 orDefaultHeapInitialAllocMB in skse.ini) higher than 512 in Sheson's Memory Patch or 768MB in SKSE. Therefore, if using the Sheson Memory Patch fix (either standalone or with SKSE), it is recommended to set ExpandSystemMemoryX64 tofalse. While this warning does not apply to everyone under all circumstances (me for example, running DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768), credible testing here on STEP supports the notion that setting EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=truecan contribute to Skyrim CTD at startup when using sheson's memory patch. ~z929669 http://wiki.step-project.com/images/thumb/5/50/Ixian_Insignia.png/20px-Ixian_Insignia.png Talk 23:19, January 17, 2015 (EST)

When set to true, this parameter changes some of Skyrim's memory allocation code to cache data at the 'top' of Skyrim's memory space (Windows default caches to bottom of memory space). According to Boris, this can reduce memory fragmentation and make better use of Skyrim's available memory, especially when running on 64-bit Windows; Vista or newer. Note:' for this parameter to work, ReduceSystemMemoryUsage must be set to true and EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks must be set to false (see below).

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=(false, true)

Please read these posts before posting support questions in the forums about this parameter! Don't be lazy!
More of an explanation by Boris can be found here and by keithinhanoi here and here.

• 2 weeks later...