Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes! (For REAL)

Aminados

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to ask... why would it be bad to have a larger default block size than 768?

I mean, why not just go up to 2GB and never have to worry again?

That lets certain kinds of data expand to consume up to 2GB of RAM, and considering the nature of 32bit programs, this leaves not much room for other kinds of data that the game needs to store in RAM. The game engine it self might just be really bad at operating under those parameters due to shoddy coding practices by the developers.

Afaik.

Edited by Franpa

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For reference... Over-modded Skyrim, countless textures packs, large and small, NPC mods, NPC additional spawns, 194 plugins, 43Gb Skyrim dir. I cannot play without ENBBoost features because I reach 3.1 RAM limit on loading screen.

Did some tests with speedmult 1500, tcl, tgm, timescale 15000 and normal gameplay. Flew around the map couple of times. No Safety Load.

Before the fix:

uGridsToLoad 5, 99% stable

uGridsToLoad 7, freeze/ctd usually within 30 min

uGridsToLoad 9, 5 minutes if I was lucky

uGridsToLoad 11, infinite loading or instant freeze after

uGridsToLoad 13, didn't even bother trying

After fix:

Just to see if it works, went straight to uGridsToLoad 11...

uGridsToLoad 11, it worked, no problems

uGridsToLoad 13, it worked, however even with a I5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz, I was getting like ~20 fps and was getting too much stutter because of my HDD is not an SSD :sad:

uGridsToLoad 15, sub 20 fps, broken quests, massive loading screens, even more stuttering.. HDD can't keep up

uGridsToLoad 17, ~10fps, broken quests, even longer loading screens, reached the 3.1Gb RAM usage limit (CTD), even with ENBoost features.

uGridsToLoad 19, 3.1Gb RAM usage on loading screen (CTD), even with ENBoost features.

Conclusion... This is a miracle and you have to try it to believe it. Skyrim is FIXED, Thank you Sheson :smile:

HOW? How are you doing this? I am doing the same thing and yet it crashes with just some graphical mods on a decent rig! I am about ready to start smashing my head against a wall.

I have Nvidia 930, windows 8, I5 Asus........ I have followed the directions in an attempt to fix my frequent crashes but now it continually freezes and does the forever load on my saved game. Please help. Reverting to original files has not worked. I can't figure it out. Need help badly.

I have Nvidia 930, windows 8, I5 Asus........ I have followed the directions in an attempt to fix my frequent crashes but now it continually freezes and does the forever load on my saved game. Please help. Reverting to original files has not worked. I can't figure it out. Need help badly.

- Huh, well you'll need to redo the changes you made in the first place (Before undoing them).

- Load the game in Windowed Mode

- Load your save game

- Alt-tab out of the game and undo the changes you've done (Likley just need to lower uGrids to Load)

- Enter the command parameter to force the game to update its operations to match the configuration file which is now modified

- Save your game again

- Undo all the changes and return to a vanilla setup

- You should be fine now

This is complicated by the fact that this involves a mod that presumably doesn't change the configuration files so this process probably won't work here :/

Wow, I created this topic along time ago, I stopped playing Skyrim along time ago too, I bet much has changed and I'm not on par with what has changed in the Skirim modding community, so I can't really help.

From what I remember the Sheson fix got included in some version of SKSE so it's probably a good idea to use SKSE only as the fix is already there, also from what I remember I would advise against messing around with ugrids because in the end it will mess up your game. That being said... you could go to ugrids 7 max if you REALLY want to, but I guess sooner or later it will break things.

Sorry for not being more helpful. :confused:

Yo,just got a little note to add that was a fix for my long loading screens/ctd's. Even after i introduced the memory patch i would still have randomly placed long loading screens and perhaphs a delay here and there when waiting/sleeping.

Just wanted to get this information out there,after i followed gophers tutorial on cleaning esm's i got incredibly fast loading screens,no delays,no ctd's so far. heres the vid

Just wanted to make sure this info is out there in case some1 keeps getting long loading screens even after the memory patch is introduced,surely it was one of the mods i was using trying to connect to a dirty file or something along those lines,no longer tho,works like a charm.