ps4 to get full ps1 and ps2 emulation

Thor.

No they wouldn't be shutting down there own concepts, sense Playstation now is a streaming service, they say is only going to stream ps3 games after all. Works with tv's, pc, tablets.

That'd be nice, but I don't see why it would be better than just plugging in my PS1 or my PS2.

because then you wouldnt have to plug in your other consoles...which is better...

And the PS4 is likely to do a far better job of upscaling than most TVs.

I'm indifferent about taking the time to plug in a different console... I don't have to anyway. They all use different inputs on my TV so I just change it in my TV's menu.

That said, better upscaling would be worthwhile. And I suppose it will help more when PS1s and PS2s become rare and difficult to find in good condition, like an NES now.

It's also possible they've decided to mostly shelve streaming after the horrible reaction to always online consoles. Personally I think game streaming is best reserved for demos...

That defeats the purpose, the whole idea of having ps2 in true HD emulated properly intrigues me. Unlike the ps3 60gb and 40-20 they and upscaling only, this time around they are going for Crystal clarity.

Edited by Thor.

That defeats the purpose, the whole idea of having ps2 in true HD emulated properly intrigues me. Unlike the ps3 60gb and 40-20 they and upscaling only, this time around they are going for Crystal clarity.

To have "true HD" they'd have to remake all those PS2 games and have higher resolution textures. Otherwise its only being upscaled, because those games weren't created to be run in HD. Also, with the PS4, the emulator would also have to apply a good amount of AA, or the games will still look like crud.

To have "true HD" they'd have to remake all those PS2 games and have higher resolution textures. Otherwise its only being upscaled, because those games weren't created to be run in HD. Also, with the PS4, the emulator would also have to apply a good amount of AA, or the games will still look like crud.

They'll still like crud even with a ton of post processing, the detail just isn't there, the original resolution/texture size was too low to get a good result on an HDTV.

You never owned a 60gb model, the proof is in the ownership. The thing had amazing up scaling and looked almost like the ps3 HD versions counterpart.

the thing had the original risk processor built in, and the up scaling was perfect, the emulator needs to beat that.

Edited by Thor.

Its too little - too late. I can already do this on my PC, and my PC does it better.

Very true. I play PS2 games on my PC all the time at real 1080p... (It's legal, admins, I use my own disks instead of isos and I legally removed my own PS2 fat BIOS when I switched to a PS2 slim)

The only problem is not every game works properly. I can't seem to get Champions of Norrath running, which is perhaps the game I want the most besides King's Field IV. KFIV does work, thankfully.

Some PS2 games (I'm looking at you Monster Hunter, Shadow of the Colossus, and Killzone) have textures and effects wasted at 480p. You don't get the full detail of those games unless you run at an HD resolution.

Really, it continually amazes me how many effects the PS2 and PSP were able to pull off. Stencil shadows, verlet physics, image reflections, even HDR and sunrays in a couple cases. Running at 480p and 272p, respectively, really allowed the early consoles to use some impressive tricks on weak hardware.