⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

armor to increase run speed

ghostfc3s

Is there a tutorial some where other there that shows how to use IncreaseSpeedMult, conditions and such? I'm not big on programing language so == and != doesn't mean much to me. Do I even need to set conditions for that?

PLaying around with conditions and magnitude it doesn't seem to work, on my armor the ability is listed as NULL?

PLaying around with conditions and magnitude it doesn't seem to work, on my armor the ability is listed as NULL?

You are right. On second look, IncreaseSpeedMult is a derivative and doesn't appear to be adjustable so easily. I briefly tried working out a scripteffect without success. It may still be doable, but I don't want to get too far sidetracked at the moment to pursue it.

I have been able to adjust the speed multiplier on NPCs just by adjusting their stats. It seems to increase more than just their run speed.

When altering the "SpeedMult" AV, the actor's speed won't be updated until one of a few events takes place. If I remember correctly, these events include:

• Toggling sneak mode
  • Drawing or holstering a weapon
  • Any change to one of the two mobility AVs - "LeftMobilityCondition" and "RightMobilityCondition"

Cipscis

I tried the sneak and drawing the weapon no change. Even generated a new armor to see if that would help. I think scripting is the only way to go with this. As the SpeedMult does not seem to work I have been looking at the Coyote power armor mod as it seems to be the only mod that does this, however the ENH that he uses has something like 3 different increase speeds some scripted some using the speedmult, I guess I could go through and delete each power until I found the one that works. Included scripts

this one looks like it could be right

Begin ScriptEffectStart

player.setav SpeedMult 190

player.UnEquipItem NAPAEff 0 1

player.EquipItem NAPAEff 0 1

End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

player.setav SpeedMult 100

player.UnEquipItem NAPAEff 0 1

player.EquipItem NAPAEff 0 1

End

the other option is to use the

con_SetGameSetting fmoverunmult 6

and script that in hate to have to do that tho

scn VATSNINJA

Begin ScriptEffectStart

player.setav SpeedMult 190

END

Begin ScriptEffectFinish

player.setav SpeedMult 100

END

this was the script that ended up working, the scripteffectstart command seemed to be the trick the OnEquip does not seem to work. However you should note, that this works when ANYONE equips the armor its attached to IE companions with the armor will speed you up! I wounder if a player check in here would fix that, as in if player has equiped NINJA then start script?

Effect scripts run on the actor that the effect is run on, so you should call SetActorValue with implicit reference syntax instead:

Begin ScriptEffectStart
SetActorValue SpeedMult 190
End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish
SetActorValue SpeedMult 100
End

P.S. Please place your scripts within "code" or "codebox" tags, as this preserves indentation and uses a fixed-width font so that they're much easier to use. If you don't know how to indent your scripts, here is a tool that can do it for you - Script Validator

Cipscis