FalloutLauncher.exe Problem

Klammy

I've recently decided to finally move my Fallout 3 folder to the root of my HDD because I've heard that Fallout 3 can preform strangely when installed in the Program Files directory. I've been able to launch Fallout3.exe along with all of my mods fine, but when I use FalloutLauncher.exe to, obviously, launch Fallout, it gives me the following error message.

Fallout 3 does not appear to be installed and the installer could not be found. Try exploring your DVD-ROM drive and selecting setup.exe to install the game.

Now I have a Steam build of the game, so it'd be impossible for me to install the game, other than re-downloading it. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.

I don't really need the launcher. I just like to use it to change some of the video settings, which I can always do in-game (I think). Thanks for the help.

The short cut from your Steam installation goes to the Folder you had fallout3launcher.exe in. The way to get your short cut to recognize fallout3launcher.exe new address is to open up the short cut to it by RIGHT Clicking on the desktop shortcut. Select Properties from the menu. In the Location line change the line that should say something like, "C:\Steam\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\fallout3Launcher.exe to the new address to the folder you moved it to. "C:\HDDFolder\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3launcher.exe"

Make sure the new address is exactly the same as the address you moved it to. For example: C:\your new folders name\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout3Launcher.exe. Type in the new address to your Fallout3launcher.exe location. Click on OK to save and close it. Click on your start up icon and it should load the Icon with the pix with Play, Data, Options, etc...