Fallout 3 "DATA" Folder

dudeio

I have heavily uber noob modded my fallout 3 and like they collide and so I've decided to like just get rid of them before I do anymore damage to my system and I was wondering if anyone could give me a copy of "DATA" folder with out mods, the original one.... I forgot to back it up... =/

:thanks:

You could pretty much just clear out the Textures/Meshes/Sound folders and clear any .esp and .bsa .esm that isn't original Fallout 3 files.

Any bsa starting with Fallout is too keep.

Fallout - xxxx.bsa <- keep

Fallout3.esm <- keep

Don't touch much else and you should end up with a mod free FO3 again, it's relative easy to clean, but I don't think someone might just "share" their Data folder.

Or simply backup your saves and uninstall and re-install.

Som mods require to replace the old files and thats the ones I have and unless you telling me that it generates it every time the game starts as a cache would I'd delete all but I seriously doubt it does so I need a copy of original DATA folder or a REALLY stable modded one.

Why wouldn't anyone share theirs? Oh wait I just saw that mines 6gb so... Anyone else have a plan to clear it anyone could like give me a very detailed explenation cus I don't know which .bsa and .ess stuff should be there and the ones that shouldn't

actually modding fallout and returning it to ists vanilla stage is pretty easy. Just do as Mekii said and everything should be normal again. Fallout keeps all its data inside its BSAs. that means, if fallout doesnt find an extra textures, meshes, video, sound etc.. folder in its data folder, it uses its standard models and textures. si uf you have a bodyreplacer and want to uninstall it. delete your meshes and textures folder and Fallout uses its standard body because it cant find the replacing files.

*edit*I just saw you need a list of whats in it without mods. Well ill list them up for you. just a sec.

Fallout3.esm

Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa

Fallout - textures.bsa

Fallout - meshes.bsa

Fallout - voices.bsa

Fallout - Misc.bsa

Fallout - sound.bsa

if you have any dlc, then you need to keep the following files too:

(only relevant if you copied them from gfwl folder to data. If not, ignore this)

Operation Anchorage:

Anchorage.esm

Anchorage - Main.bsa

Anchorage - Sounds.bsa

The Pitt:

ThePitt.esm

ThePitt - Main.bsa

ThePitt - Sounds.bsa

Broken Steel:

BrokenSteel.esm

BrokenSteel - Main.bsa

BrokenSteel - Sounds.bsa

Point Lookout:

PointLookout.esm

PointLookout - Main.bsa

PointLookout - Sounds.bsa

Mothership Zeta:

Zeta.esm

Zeta - Main.bsa

Zeta - Sounds.bsa

If I forgot anything, just add it below. nobodys perfect ;)

In this case I suggest a new installation. Could also be that my F3 has a few more files cause I have the german version, but I doubt that.

@DJ_D

The file list you posted looks as mine, and I'm running the US version.

@dudeio

It might be possible that you of mistake might have deleted any mentioned file you can't find, if you haven't empty your

trashbin already you could probably find it there. Else do as DJ_D mention above.

• 4 years later...