Trouble turning around in Java based games

I originally noticed that when I capped my framerate at 30 fps in Delver, occasionally my mouse would seem to stutter and stop responding while turning. I don't know if it happens while turning to the left, it seems to mostly happen turning to the right. After slowing down to a stuttery crawl, the camera would then "snap" back to the correct direction it would be pointing if the turn hadn't become stuttery and slow.

I just figured that I'd ditch the 30 fps cap and everything would be fine. Normally I cap at 30 for consistency so I don't get used to 60 fps in some games and then have trouble dealing with 30 in higher end games like Last Light. But I decided to make an exception and put Delver at 60 fps to avoid the stuttery/slow turning.

Eventually I quit playing Delver for a while and started playing Minecraft. It has a framerate limiter right in the graphics options, so I put that at 30. Unfortunately, the same stuttery/slow turning occurred. It's not like my PC isn't fast enough and the framerate drops, because I can keep it over 200 fps easily if I was to uncap it. It's literally like my controls are at fault, not my performance. I decided that maybe Java just doesn't like framerate limits below 60, so I put Minecraft at 60 as well. However, I realized that the stuterry/slow turning still occurred slightly at 60 fps, it was just so faint and small that I hadn't noticed at first. I disabled vsync and put the cap at 120 fps, and I no longer notice the problem.

At this point it's pretty clear to me it's a bug on my end, because there's no way that this is just a typical fault of Java that nobody else knows about. Google searches about stuttery/slow turning in Java unrelated to pc performance don't turn up anything useful.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this? Preferably while keeping a 30 fps cap, but even at 60 fps it would help a lot to get rid of this problem because then I'd at least be able to use vsync.

Edited by Rennn