Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62609/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8IKUEwY-eg&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately I don't have time to ramble on and on about this at the moment, but you should be able to tell what I'm making from the video :tongue:

Please leave any comments you may have, and also let me know if you have any ideas for this :smile:

(no this isn't just a 2 handed weapon with default animations)

(no this does not replace your normal 1 handed weapon animations)

(yes the spears and javelins do have unique animations :D )

ANOTHER VIDEO!!!! :D

Edited by Soolie

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty amazing, man. Definitely gonna follow this.

I look forward to this going live (when/if it does) and modders making custom spears for this, since with all due respect, that spear in the vid is a little too realistic for my wild tastes, haha.

How do the javelin hold/throw controls work right now? Is it like... Unsheathed ---> Hand hovering over shoulder, then hold down attack grabs it, then releasing attack throws it?

Is there any loss of movement at any stage in the throwing process?

I'm aware getting NPCs to use the Javelin will be pretty awkward... if possible, but will they be able to use the spears animation?

And lastly, have you thought about a set of animations for holding spears with both hands...?

That'd sinch it for me, as if I wasn't already excited.

I'm not a particular fanatic of spears, but they felt really missing from Skyrim.

Wow! Are you really telling us that you're doing something no one else but bethesda managed to do? :ohmy: Massive props to you sir!

So let me just get this straight: It does not replace any weapontype animations? So 1-handed and 2-handed weapons still use their vanilla animations?

How?! Share your magical knowledge with us oh mighty one! :laugh: