Vampire Thief Roleplaying Advice?

Gwidz

Hey all,

I've probably put a good two hundred hours into Skyrim, just casually wandering around doing quests and killing people. Now, I'm looking to do a new playthrough where I roleplay a vampire fledgeling, who's forced to steal and kill in order to survive.

I'm brand new to roleplaying and immersion, and I was wondering if anyone had any pointers as far as progression and gameplay go?

I'd like for my character to start as chaotic neutral, and progress towards becoming evil.

I don't really have any ideas for tying in dungeon crawling, the main questline, starting the dawnguard DLC, or doing dragonborn.

In fact I'm not even sure how to go about normal interactions. Derp.

Some things that I have figured out, however, is that breaking into homes to feed will be staple for my character, and that as his humanity fades he won't be phased by killing to pursue his own ends. In the beginning he'll flee, and later he'll fight.

In terms of mods (which I'm new to),

I've added SKSE, SkyUI, Stealth Skills Rebalanced, and Better Vampires to my game to make it feel fresh.

I've also followed Gopher's tutorial on adding an ENB to my game, and it feels completely new -- I'm actually stoked.

In addition to RPing advice, if anyone knows any nice vampire/stealth mods that would add immersion or cool mechanics, let fly!

Any and all replies are greatly appreciated.

Be careful with better vampires, its a great mod but the abilities, namely the ones that allow you to make npcs allies or hypnotized has broken a couple quests for me. Nothing irreversible, but annoying.

I would also check the vampire lord overhaul, or a similar male counterpart if you are unhappy with the vampire lord aesthetics.

For the thievery side, check out calling card and fence, you can buy a neat little calling Card and dont need to start the thievea guild to get your criminal career going

As for roleplay advice, my last vampire was a healer, well versed in healing but no combat skills to speak of. In whiterun she found her new calling by purifying the hall of the dead and went on to purify bleak falls barrow (i needeD a companion for the bandits) when the dawnguard came calling she signed up, only to be infected. Scared and disgusted she ran for days and hid in a cave, until the bloodlust finally won over and there just so happened to be a hunter camp nearby. After drinking the camp dry while they slept she found she wasnt so helpless after all.

Now that character was a goody two shoes but you get the idea. Bleak falls barrow is a good excuse to get in to dungeon delving to get in the jarls good graces, and the promise of loot could spur an interest there. If you wish to have dragons flying about you could do what i did and hide in the western watchtower like a sissy until the battle was over and claim your undeserved title of dragon slayer. From your new post as thane you could get fat off of whiterun's residents until an attempted feeding gone awry or botched burglary forces you to flee to riften.

Sorry for thbook but hopefully you can pull a few ideas out of there. Half of the fun is improvising though.

In addition to RPing advice, if anyone knows any nice vampire/stealth mods that would add immersion or cool mechanics, let fly!

I would personally recommend this mod for immersive vampire roleplaying- http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24222/? . It has less features than Better Vampires and is less customizable, but in my opinion it conveys better the feeling of being a non-human being who manipulates and hunts living creatures in order to survive.

Thank you both a ton for your replies!

@Zeten: the vampire lord overhaul works awesomely, and I'm really liking calling card.

Your advice on roleplaying also rocks, I've actually changed my start from choose another life fledgeling to doing the main story again because of that suggestion.

@Hashar: that mod is off the chain, it adds a ton of realism to being a vampire. I wouldn't have tried it without your input, so thank you a ton.