An up to date mod list (created 2014-03-08)

astrob0y

hey astrob0y, like your mod list and your screenshots are great....was wondering though on the process and the specific textures you used to achieve your look......I saw the textures you listed and I'm not sure if you used all of them o picked and chose specific textures from within each package....also I know you uploaded ATE and its awesome...but which do you yourself prefer between yours and the Aero ENB and specifically why?.....anyway enjoy your ENB love your mod list and im curious about your input....thank you.

Hi,

I would say that "really textures normal maps for vanilla" is the best texture package mainly because it gives the game such an "organic" look. But thats my opinion, most of the texture packs listed here is really well made and should be all be consider. Its up to you to find out :).

Aero ENB is just so great with its many options and its a preset that works in most of the many enviroments in the game. Im just found of it and v1

Thank you for your kind words, glad to hear you enjoyed the list :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Astrob0y,
I've got some questions to ask:

1- Did you install all these mods?

2- Is the guide also suggesting the install order?

3- Are some of the mods mutual?
Mutual=they are an alternative to each other

4- Question about using Ordenator: Did you stop reducing at 1024?
4.1 Which mods did you reduce?

Thanks for help! :D

Edited by Sergio1992

Hi Sergio.

1 - Ive installed all the mods togheter except one (see 3.)

2 - No sugestion of install order. I would love to give some guidence, but my english isnt the best. Hope you dont mind.

3- All mods works togheter except "Really Textured Normal Maps for Vanill" that is an overhaul mod (its my go to however :wink: ) .

4 - I did stop at 2048.

4.1 I did use it on the folders "texture/landscape" , "texture/Architecture", "texture/oblivion" and "texture/plants" what I remember...it was a long time ago.

Hope my answer helped you a bit. I must here say thanks for a post you made in a mod discussion (some months ago), helped me big time.

Edited by astrob0y

3. I would say that you should avoid all the other landscape texture mods that affects the world of Cyrodiil (I dont remeber if that mod touches SI or the oblivion worlds). And maybe use mods such as Darooz artsupplies, Skyrimized water and Fort dungeon texture. Hard for me to say wich texture mods to use or not , but I do can recommend RTNMfV. Its a landscape overhaul made for playing and enjoying the game and not to stare on textures ;)

If you want more HD like texture I would say that this combination of textures are really good http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43473/?

4.1 Ivent seen that one. Thank you for the tips :smile:

Sorry, I dont remember which topic it was. will send you a PM if I find it.

Edited by astrob0y

> Remember that when you talk about landscape, you are talking about the view, not the single stuff, like the Arena, the walls, etc etc.

> Anyway, I will have to double check and see how I can mix them nicely.

> tried the Lougian's textures for the ayleid and I didn't like them. They seem flat and dull. I extracted the ayleid ruins folder from Qarl 3 redimized and used that one because I love them a bit more.
To be fair, Lougian is really talented (I use some of his mods but I just don't enjoy the ayleid retexture).

> Thanks for that suggestion about Amnes landscape (>floor<) textures. They are great.

> I will write a report as soon as I got my hands dirty on oblivion. It means, on the 24th of this month. I'm going to make a mess.

Edit:

ok, first edit. Tried Lougian's ayleid textures and really textured normal maps. To check if I liked them I put my character in front of the ayleid textures and I kept checking\comparing the images. The one I loved the most, was Qarl.
I'm starting to think that your preference may be related to the fact that you use an Enb. ;)
But I do not, at least not in this computer.

I will come back with more reports later.

Edited by Sergio1992

Nice to see someone making an updated list for the newer mods that are out these days.

I see a couple of redundancies in here though.

Gamecompanion, for one thing, is God awful for people like me who have to use design software frequently like PS and press the alt and shift buttons all the time. Really messes with your screen light and all that. Thankfully it's not actually necessary, because the ENBoost patch actually does fake fullscreen if you adjust a setting in the .ini.

Also, Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul pretty much does the work of Cava Obscura and Dungeon Actors Have Torches as well, again, through settings that you can adjust in the .ini, so I'd just save the load order space and remove both of them.

Gamecompanion, for one thing, is God awful for people like me who have to use design software frequently like PS and press the alt and shift buttons all the time. Really messes with your screen light and all that. Thankfully it's not actually necessary, because the ENBoost patch actually does fake fullscreen if you adjust a setting in the .ini.

Also, Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul pretty much does the work of Cava Obscura and Dungeon Actors Have Torches as well, again, through settings that you can adjust in the .ini, so I'd just save the load order space and remove both of them.

That is really good points, I did miss that MOO does what CC abd DAHT does. Thank you for saving me some load order space :)

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm glad you mentioned EGM. Though it IS very well compatible to Vanilla Combat Enhanced, and also recommended.

Thank you, Ive changed it :)