Fixes for Crafting Glitches and Merchant Names

Jambo11

Are there any mods that address the glitches with the crafting interface?

• One can't scroll through a list of ingredients.
  • Hovering the cursor over a list of ingredients makes a buzzing sound.
  • Sometimes, clicking on an ingredients list will allow one to scroll through it (as well as make the buzzing sound stop), but then the list won't change if a different recipe is selected. Additionally, the category at the top can no longer be changed.

The above issue(s) was actually brought up in a couple of threads on the Bethesda forums, to no avail. It's a shame to see that no one has cares enough to address them.

Workbench buzzzzzing sound and bug

anyone else get the workbench bug?

Also, though these aren't glitches, per se, are there any mods that:

• ...allow the player to craft numerous different items without having to reenter the crafting interface after each one? (Sometimes, I have numerous different items that I want to craft that are all grouped together, but having to reenter the crafting interface after each one means I have scroll back down the list of recipes to where I was.)
  • ...enable the mouse wheel to scroll through the different recipe categories? (It works just fine in the merchant interface, so why not for crafting?)
  • ...show the name of a merchant without one having to scroll back-and-forth through the item categories to make their name appear?

A lesser concern is has to do with scrolling through the recipe categories: if one exits the crafting interface while under a category other than "Recipes," entering the crafting interface again shows "Recipes" category, but it is temporarily out of place. If one scrolls to the left once at back to the right (or vice-versa), they are back under the category they were viewing when they previously exited the crafting interface.

For the steps listed below, bear in mind that the Workbench categories are arranged in this order, (when scrolling to the right):

RECIPES, Aid, Ammo, Breakdown, Misc, Weapons, (and then back to RECIPES.

For example:

1. Upon using a Workbench, the category says "RECIPES."

2. Scroll once to the right to the "Aid" recipes.

3. Exit the workbench, then "Activate" it, again. (As expected, the category says "RECIPES.")

4. If you scroll once to the right you'll be at "Ammo." (That's not right. "Aid" should come right after "RECIPES," not "Ammo.)

Scrolling back to the left is "Aid," the category being viewed before previously exiting the Workbench. (Okay, "Aid" is to the left of "Ammo," but why did scrolling to the right from "RECIPES" put me at "Ammo?")

Again, this is a lesser concern, but I do find it bothersome, nonetheless. I would actually find it less so if entering the crafting interface the second time immediately showed the category I was previously viewing. In a way, this is similar to merchants' names not immediately appearing in the vendor interface: for both issues, scrolling left-and-right once "corrects" the problem.

Edited by Jambo11

Well, the thread has recieved 26 views, so there's some interest/curiosity in the subject.

Has the game has been out so long that I'm the only person left who cares about minor problems and a user interface that functions properly?

OK, saw something on the Nexus last night that at least allowed for non-interrupted crafting. Guy who made it disappeared a while ago, so I'm gonna tear open that mod, see how he pulled it off, and roll something like that into my ammo overhaul mod (or maybe I'll release that as a separate mod).

• 2 years later...

I have fixed this bug for the vanilla game + DLCs in my Vanilla UI Plus mod. As long as your recipes don't have too many ingredients to require a scrollbar, the player will not be bothered by the annoying sound, nor will the recipe list be locked on the current recipe.

The trick is to enable the "RM_Items_IngredientList" hotrect only if it has a scrollbar by adding this line:

<_enabled> <copy src="child(lb_scrollbar)" trait="visible" /> </_enabled>