Missing Meshes - Refscope of no apparent help

bgates1654

This is my first time using WB, OBMM, and heavily modding Oblivion in general. I used a few manually installed mods back in the day early on.

I installed FCOM using the instructions in the first time user guide and installed other mods listed in "bg's list of base mods".

Everything seemed to go smoothly using wrye bash and OBMM. The game boots up fine but when I start a new game there appears to be some missing races, eye, hair, etc meshes. I ignored that and started a new character but when I got to the skeleton I saw two yellow missing mesh signs.

Using refscope and deduced reckoning, I found that they are the "rusty iron bow" and "rusty iron dagger". Refscope said they were defined in oblivion.esm so no help there.

The rusty iron flambergs from bob's armory show up fine. I have not moved too far beyond this point and do not know if other meshes are missing.

I have tried manually installing the meshes and texture from MMM, francescos, and bob's armory.

Can anyone point out my error?

Here is my mod load list according to BOSS.

Recognised and re-ordered mod files:

------------------------------------

Oblivion.esm

AWS-Core.esm

Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm

Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm

Cobl Main.esm

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm

Mart's Monster Mod.esm

TamrielTravellers.esm

FCOM_Convergence.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp

Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp

FCOM_Francescos.esp

FCOM_FrancescosItemsAddOn.esp

FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp

Fran Armor Add-on.esp

Fran_Lv30Item_Maltz.esp

Living Economy.esp

Living Economy - Items.esp

Cutthroat Merchants.esp

Bonemold_Helmet.esp

ExnemRuneskulls.esp

Cobl Glue.esp

OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp

Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp

FCOM_BobsArmory.esp

Loth's Blunt Weapons for NPCs.esp

Oblivion WarCry EV.esp

FCOM_WarCry.esp

Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp

OOO-Water_Weeds.esp

OOO-No_Guild_Ownership.esp

OOO-Magic_Script_Effect_Fix.esp

OOO-Container_Trap_Instant_Effects.esp

FCOM_Convergence.esp

FCOM_EntropicOrderRebalance.esp

FCOM_EntropicOrderHardcore.esp

FCOM_RealSwords.esp

TamrielTravellerAdvScript.esp

TamrielTravellers4OOO.esp

TamrielTravellersItemsNPC.esp

TamrielTravellersItemsCobl.esp

TamrielTravellersItemsVendor.esp

MMM-Cobl.esp

Harvest [Flora].esp

Compass-Disable_POIs.esp

Compass-Disable_QuestMarkers.esp

Compass-Disable_Both.esp

Salmo the Baker, Cobl.esp

Quest Award Leveller.esp

RefScope.esp

MidasSpells.esp

All+5AttributeModifiers.esp

Francesco's Slower skills x1.5.esp

Cobl Races.esp

bgMagicEV.esp

Francesco's 7 days respawn time - 1-16 day lenght rescale.esp

Francesco's day lenght rescale 1-16.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Okay so what I get from you post and the links is that a) the large files could be corrupted b) the load order needs to change.

a) is there a particular site or download manager that ensure or at least has a high rate of successful DLs?

b) Based on what I saw in the links it appears that one of the larger mods (OOO MMM frans) may be responsible for the issue, since it appears to be common weapons that were remeshed are having problems. It appears that whatever it is needs to go before OOO. However, Dezdimona's guidelines are opaque to me. I do not know how to classify the mods. I will give it a shot and post up the new load order for critique.

Oh I think I know what the problem is. Malonn, you post jsut helped me remember. I DLed MMM 3.55 as an omod. When I added it to OBMM I combined the patch files in it manually using omod edit. When trying to activate this omod, OBMM always hung on me and sat for hours. I could load it up with Wrye bash, but maybe the meshes/textures/etc. never got installed.

MMM does change the skins for the rusty crap right?

Is there a non omod DL of MMM 3.55?

Problem solved. I moved everything to BAIN and reinstalled everything I could from there. I then activated the mods that WB didnt recognize via OMOD/OBMM. I then finished up and made the patch. The "rusty iron" meshes are there now. I havent seen a missing mesh yet.

I am however noticing that there is a lack of voice in the face-to face communication. In the beginning sequence I can hear them talk to each other but as soon at the emperor talks to me its silence.

Also I dont seem to hear the usual shuffling crap around in inventory noise. I dont hear the lock picking noises either.

Any ideas with that one?