Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

doomsday0525

you know what I say to that QFKOTN (Queen's First Knight Of The Nexus), play the game and you will have a different tune, so if you have nothing nice to say.....ZIP IT.

Maybe you intended that to come across as a rebuke, but you actually just betrayed your ignorance. lv000 is right; a game without modding tools is very limited in regards to modding, and generally that means trying to find a way to mod it is either impossible or not worthwhile. Your use of caps is cute. And by cute, I mean annoying.

you were beaten to the punch by Dark One in explaining is misunderstanding.

also he used caps because he was making an anogram of lv000's tag, which he then spelt out anyways in parenthesis. the end, well im assuming it was ment for humor considering it followed a series of ellipsis. dramatic pause lol?\

• 4 weeks later...

I missed out on this game, and just picked it up last week. I think its a pretty solid game. The combat is definitely more fun than in TES games. I also think the crafting system is better in this game. Find equipment with diablo style mods on them and you can salvage some of the mods to use on new gear. The only real complaint I got is every single piece of set armor, or unique weapon is complete garbage compared to anything I can create with blacksmithing. It would at least be interesting if one of the sets would actually be better than the best I could smith up without even using the best parts. None of the sets are even better than a smithed set using "greater" tier parts. It sorta takes away from part of the fun of the item hunt if I know for an absolute fact that all of the set and unique items (unless they're accessories) are going to be shop food.

I'm almost done with the main story, and this game has WAY less glitches than TES games. I've only ran into a few minor graphics glitches. I fell through the floor in one spot and glitched out, but all I had to do was walk forward, and it fixed itself and pushed me back up through the floor.

I think the graphics are really bad even for a game 2 years old. I don't even think it runs 1080p. There is no settings for resolution. I swear it feels like 720p for as cloudy as the resolution is. The graphics are bordering WoW terrible. But graphics is just an afterthought for me and not a huge factor. The game is still fun. It would be better if it used somewhat modern graphics, DX11 and full HD resolution at the very minimum.

Edited by Beriallord

I missed out on this game, and just picked it up last week. I think its a pretty solid game. The combat is definitely more fun than in TES games. I also think the crafting system is better in this game. Find equipment with diablo style mods on them and you can salvage some of the mods to use on new gear. The only real complaint I got is every single piece of set armor, or unique weapon is complete garbage compared to anything I can create with blacksmithing. It would at least be interesting if one of the sets would actually be better than the best I could smith up without even using the best parts. None of the sets are even better than a smithed set using "greater" tier parts. It sorta takes away from part of the fun of the item hunt if I know for an absolute fact that all of the set and unique items (unless they're accessories) are going to be shop food.

I'm almost done with the main story, and this game has WAY less glitches than TES games. I've only ran into a few minor graphics glitches. I fell through the floor in one spot and glitched out, but all I had to do was walk forward, and it fixed itself and pushed me back up through the floor.

I think the graphics are really bad even for a game 2 years old. I don't even think it runs 1080p. There is no settings for resolution. I swear it feels like 720p for as cloudy as the resolution is. The graphics are bordering WoW terrible. But graphics is just an afterthought for me and not a huge factor. The game is still fun. It would be better if it used somewhat modern graphics, DX11 and full HD resolution at the very minimum.

You change resolution at the main menu, not in game, it does do 1080p.

• 9 months later...

Now I do not normaly revive dead posts but I feel this needed to be said.

To start with I will say, due to various reasons I do not distribute my mods so do not ask!

Now after reading all this,

There's no mod tools for Amalur, and modding it without tools is extremely difficult or impossible, so it's not worth it at all.

I'm not quite sure you're understanding lv000: the game developers did not release modding tools with the game which means that the game is almost impossible to mod. The sort of mods that would be possible, possibly, are texture mods which would require software like TexMOD to work. It's extremely lacklustre.

you know what I say to that QFKOTN (Queen's First Knight Of The Nexus), play the game and you will have a different tune, so if you have nothing nice to say.....ZIP IT.

Maybe you intended that to come across as a rebuke, but you actually just betrayed your ignorance. lv000 is right; a game without modding tools is very limited in regards to modding, and generally that means trying to find a way to mod it is either impossible or not worthwhile. Your use of caps is cute. And by cute, I mean annoying.

I must ask, are you guys serious? I tryed modding this game after I read all this and it took me not even a day to mod it and change several game systems. Just because it does not have DMS (distributed modding softwhere) does not make it unmoddable. There are many games I have modded without (made for the game DMS) and this game was not all that hard to mod, saying a game is "very limited in regards to modding", "extremely difficult" or "almost impossible" to mod without DMS yet not even having first tryed to mod it is something (in my oppinion) only a lazy modder would say. Yes it is true that it is more difficult to mod a game without DMS than to mod one with it, but remember, DMS has not always been around and many older modders modded games without it, which imo is more fun anyways.

For those of you how want a better graphical experiance: http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Improve_the_KoA:R_visual_experience

For those of you who want more or less chalenging gameplay: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2575767

For those of you who want better control of the controls: http://steamcommunity.com/app/102500/discussions/0/846940247624376340/

Edited by Ragnar6645

• 3 weeks later...

Now I do not normaly revive dead posts but I feel this needed to be said.

To start with I will say, due to various reasons I do not distribute my mods so do not ask!

Now after reading all this,

There's no mod tools for Amalur, and modding it without tools is extremely difficult or impossible, so it's not worth it at all.

I'm not quite sure you're understanding lv000: the game developers did not release modding tools with the game which means that the game is almost impossible to mod. The sort of mods that would be possible, possibly, are texture mods which would require software like TexMOD to work. It's extremely lacklustre.

I must ask, are you guys serious? I tryed modding this game after I read all this and it took me not even a day to mod it and change several game systems. Just because it does not have DMS (distributed modding softwhere) does not make it unmoddable. There are many games I have modded without (made for the game DMS) and this game was not all that hard to mod, saying a game is "very limited in regards to modding", "extremely difficult" or "almost impossible" to mod without DMS yet not even having first tryed to mod it is something (in my oppinion) only a lazy modder would say. Yes it is true that it is more difficult to mod a game without DMS than to mod one with it, but remember, DMS has not always been around and many older modders modded games without it, which imo is more fun anyways.

For those of you how want a better graphical experiance: http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Improve_the_KoA:R_visual_experience

For those of you who want more or less chalenging gameplay: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2575767

For those of you who want better control of the controls: http://steamcommunity.com/app/102500/discussions/0/846940247624376340/

The know-it-alls in game modding are a dime a dozen,i ignore them.Those that look down their nose at texmod are a dime a dozen,i ignore them.

If you want to know what's possible don't rely on the know-it-alls for know-it-alls are what?Hehe,a dime a dozen.

Do your own research, don't limit yourself by accepting the proclamations of the tediously self absorbed.Nudge,nudge,wink,wink,...

Edited by gandalftw

• 1 month later...

Actually it is very much possible. to mod amular without moders tools. look at mass effect look a dragon age. no moders tools and no nexus adaptations. you have to edit and replace files manually in order to get them to work. the same can be implemented into amular. dive a little into advance modding and you'll find that ANYTHING is possible. the moders themselves need to just quit using tools as a crutch. they dont realize that what they are doing are pretty much the same exact thing that graphic designers do when designing for games. except the graphic designer just went to school for years for it. im sorry but anyone that says modding games without tools is impossible, only knows the basics

• 4 months later...

Actually it is very much possible. to mod amular without moders tools. look at mass effect look a dragon age. no moders tools and no nexus adaptations. you have to edit and replace files manually in order to get them to work. the same can be implemented into amular. dive a little into advance modding and you'll find that ANYTHING is possible. the moders themselves need to just quit using tools as a crutch. they dont realize that what they are doing are pretty much the same exact thing that graphic designers do when designing for games. except the graphic designer just went to school for years for it. im sorry but anyone that says modding games without tools is impossible, only knows the basics

Sorry it took so long to reply (been busy and forgot about this post) but regardless, well said, you understood exactly what I was saying. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...