Destroy Soul Gems And Free The Souls traped Inside Them?

xXLoboSolitarioXx

In the Dawnguard DLC, you visit the Soul Carin, the place were souls trapped in soul gems go.

It's a place without light, or life, it's a very dark place.

no one deserves to be trapped there forever. Except maybe Mercer Frey.

So what I'm looking for is a mod that lets you break non empty soul gems in your inventory, freeing the souls within.

When you break them it makes the sound of when you capture the soul in a soul gem, and afterwards soul gem shards get added to your inventory, they will be worth less then a whole soul gem, but at least you released the soul in it right?

please note this is purely for roleplaying purposes,

If this idea interested you, I would be grateful if you made this.

Just musing allowed....

An equip-able hammer, on equip user is presented with a message box asking if they wish to break a soul gem. Available choices are based on what filled gems are present in inventory as well as a cancel option. If user selects a gem, all menus are exited and a modified soul trap effect take place where the blue soul FX is leaving the player (i.e. represents the soul leaving the broken gem). Then the user is left with broken soul gem shards.

I'm in the middle of a project, probably wouldn't do this myself.... Then again, if I need a break from the frying pan, might jump into the fire LOL

oooh that sounds like a good idea :)

hope you'll make this if you decide to work on something fire-ish lol

this is not possible, as what you are saying is not true, the soul cairn is where souls that have been captured into soul gems and were used for enchanting purposes, in the process the soul gem that was used for enchanting will... disappear, then the soul that was in that specific soul gem is sent to the soul cairn to suffer for all eternity.

(A LORE ADDICT)

BUT, if you just want to release the soul that is trapped in a soul gem that's fine. :P

I don't use enchantments though, but I'm talking about soul gems you find with souls already in them.

isn't that what I said? o.o

Not at all, you said trapped souls go to the soul cairn, and that's not true, only souls that were trapped in a soul gem that later was used for enchanting go to the soul cairn, while a soul is trapped in a soul gem it is just in the soul gem, literally, like in the quest for azura's star.

freeing souls from the soul cairn is (i think) impossible, freeing a soul from a soul gem is a whole different story, but im not sure it's possible either.

when someone enchants something the enchanter actually makes a deal with the ideal masters (unknowingly) so that the soul that was trapped inside the soul gem is bound to the soul cairn where the ideal masters live, and in return the enchanter gets an enchantment. when a soul is bound to the ideal masters and the soul cairn it is unable to live it (again not absolutely sure) but the thing is i dont know what happens when a soul just gets trapped inside a soul gem.

i get that your request is just breaking a soul gem i just wanted to prove a point :P

Edited by glowbow11

• 3 weeks later...

what I meant was breaking the soul gems and freeing the souls BEFORE they get used and the soul gets to the soul carin :P

Blegh, this soulcairn thing sounds like crappy new Bethesda lore. (aka, an idea formed in five minutes without really thinking) It kinda contradicts what happens in Azura's Star as well.

I could've sworn that all souls were magicka energy, and flow through the universe in an implied loop in this series, thus making their usage in a weapon or item a little bit more complicated, but still a part of that cycle. Whatever though... this is a specific area that often ends up asinine, especially from devs like Bethesda. It's a stretch, facilitated by a stretch, and proven by a stretch.

Edited by Guest