The Sortanic Isles - Skyrim DLC Sized Mod - WIP

AirtightSpring3

Sortanic Isles Community Poll  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction should I work on for the initial release?

• The Silent Order
    • The Bounty Hunting Guild
    • The Vigilante Questline
    • The Sentinels
  2. 2. What type of walls should Sigminion have?

• The current Riften style walls
    • Custom walls made by Stroti (credit will be given to Stroti)

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd give an update since it has been one month since I gave my last update. I've been busy with AP Testing and trips but I am still working. I had to redo my Arena Scripts because my PC went crazy a while back and deleted all my skryrim stuff (I had most this mod backed up, just not all my scripts...) but now the player can fight to earn money and bet on fights. I also fixed Makaro the merchant whose voice files were set out of sync and I am currently receiving assistance from another modder regarding my LOD issues that have been messing up my island. After school is out I'll have more time for modding but just thought I'd let you know I am still working. I have began to contact some voice actors and will continue to do so over the next few days, if you commented before I will contact you within the next few days about which voice acting positions you would like to fill the spots that I know I will need filled are a young imperial male, elderly nord female beggar, middle aged male nord merchant, middle aged redguard male farmer, argonian male and female. Those are positions that I haven not contacted anyone about yet, so if you want more information or some lines to test out for any of those parts, please let me know. Thanks!

- AirtightSpring3

While I wait for a solution to my LOD problem to be found I have continued to work on parts of the mod that do not involve the islands themselves. I decided to completely redo the first quest which originally was talk, kill and then talk again to something more than that. Now the player has to go on a note guided (meaning no points to direct you) quest to find and take out an enemy. The player will have to use intuition and persuasion to find the target and then may/may not kill them depending on their choice (which could matter later :) ). The first quest will now have four voiced actors instead of one and much more dialogue. Today I wrote the script for the quest and am going through now and plugging in the dialogue with my voice for all the parts so I can make sure the quest works before I find voice actors for the parts.

Today was quite a successful day in the creation kit. I implemented all the changes I had wrote out yesterday for the first quest, did the quest scripting and put some sample voice acting files in (done by me and not permanent) in to see how the quest ran in game. I got through the quest and solved all the glitches that I found. The first quest went from 15 lines of dialogue and one voiced NPC to 35 lines of dialogue and 4 custom voiced NPCs (although one has a very small role.) The original quest consisted of getting information, killing an enemy actor and returning to the quest giver. The quest now includes the player stumbling upon a Courier who had just received a letter to give to the player, the player then goes, speaks to the main NPC of this quest and then sets out on a small journey to find the enemy actor that I just sent the player to before. There are multiple ways to find out the needed information needed including the usual intimidate, bribe and persuasion as well as attacking and pickpocketing. So all in all I feel this quest is much more flushed out and not only is more fun but gives a much better description of how the main NPC Gaius found the player. I'll spend the next few days before I leave for a trip this weekend polishing the quest, and adding a few more features to it as well as working with some voice actors, then when I come back hopefully I can fix this LOD issue for good and begin hard work on the main island of Aeldon again, at which point I will post the long overdue screenshots. A trailer should also be on the horizon, I just need to make sure I get the right voice actor for Gaius because he has a lot of lines (probably over 1000 by the end...) Thanks for reading my updates and I hope you are looking forwards to the mod. And as always thanks to those of you who comment, it really means a lot to me to see that people support my work.

- AirtightSpring3

I only have a small update today. I spent about two hours polishing and testing the quest. It should run without failure now (It ran successfully on my PC). I added rewards/bribe rewards for the player (I'd forgot to add them before...) fixed some dialogue issues, and added a new stage to the quest to get one of the scenes to function correctly. I also added all the technical stuff regarding the dialogue, like when the NPCs who say it are supposed to say it. And added a few more misc. NPCs who help the main NPCs fight. Then lastly, I added notes in that help lead the player to Thryno (the main enemy of this first quest.) Once I get back from my weekend trip I will find voice actors for the quest and as I have been saying, fix the LOD problem.

• 3 months later...

If you have screens, create the mod page, no need to have a file directly, but at least would you have more coverage that this ..

(I was tracking Riften Dephts, but, since months after my last check, this is gone and replaced by this mod, and so, to late I guess.

(Skyrim is lacking in large way as to real sub teraan mods, even Blackreach is not that much modded either..)

This said, this mod is looking fine to, so, no reason.

Hope you are doing well by the way.

While at it, a suggestion :wink:

Just in Time Lighting
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10361
Tutorial of how to use scripts to eliminate "flickering" of dynamic lights when there are more than 4 near the player.
(Very usefull + beautifull, allow to avoid the bug often encoutered into interiors).

Edit : the tutorial for that script has been moved : http://sots-eye-candy.blogspot.fr/2012/02/skyrim-ck-scripting-tutorial-dynamic.html

I have never been able to solve my LOD error after trying everything I know how to do and the suggestions. I joined the modding team for Immersive Quests and am currently working as a quest writer/level designer there. I may resume work on this mod if I can figure out the LOD error, but I have no idea why it won't work and it seems everyone I ask cannot figure out the issue either.

I have never been able to solve my LOD error after trying everything I know how to do and the suggestions. I joined the modding team for Immersive Quests and am currently working as a quest writer/level designer there. I may resume work on this mod if I can figure out the LOD error, but I have no idea why it won't work and it seems everyone I ask cannot figure out the issue either.

And he does a great job.

Still, I wish I knew how to help you fix it.

And he does a great job.

Still, I wish I knew how to help you fix it.

Maybe I'll figure it out someday, if worse comes to worse I could always revert the mod to Riften Depths when I decide to start working on it again.