Bioshock Series - Anyone else a fan out there

naomis8329

Anyone else in love with this amazing series of games???

Does anyone else feel that they should continue???

If so, in what way and what would you like to see???

Oh my god yes!!!! :D I love bioshock! But yeah I want them to continue but I'm afraid as awesome as infinite was I don't think it beat the originals. I thought Infinite was cool...funky new graphics, overly confusing endings aright game play and stuff but I just think it stepped to far away from the originals. I know the producers had to take it somewhere which makes sense to why it was al different but merp! I would love to see another if it reverted a bit! :D Nothing beat big daddy's and little sister and stuff :3

I would like to see the next game come out with the beauty of infinite but somehow keeping to it's origins. :P

Hector and I agree on something! This is a sign.

Anyway, here are my thoughts about Infinite

http://www.abc.net.au/arts/stories/s3733057.htm

http://bygonebureau.com/2013/06/18/god-only-knows-a-conversation-about-bioshock-infinite/

http://superopinionated.com/2013/04/03/booker-dewitt-and-the-case-of-the-young-white-lady-feels-a-bioshock-infinite-review/

http://www.itbrog.com/journal/2013/5/4/bioshock-infinite-through-the-eyes-of-an-angry-black-man.html

I don't understand why people give a shonky game praise, especially since the latest DLC ruined everying that the franchise had. I would rather pray for EA to revive the System Shock series or someone else make another game that is the true successor to System Shock because Bioshock is not the true successor anymore.

I've only played Bioshock Infinite, and it just seemed like a generic shooter with some magic thrown in and a jigsaw puzzle of a storyline. I heard that Bioshock 2 was better, but I don't want to spend any more money on the franchise.

Bioshock 1 was great. The story and environments were jaw-dropping and haunting to say the least, though I could certainly do without having to play Pipe Dream all the time. Playing that minigame was a distraction, which sometimes happened in heated situations -- real time would have been more appropriate here. In my opinion, the game did fantastic job of making the player feel vulnerable and lost. There was the horror element too. Resources were far more limited than in later installments and Big Daddies were formidable opponents, where engaging wasn't always the best idea. Limited resources also made using the environment more important, especially since just shooting enemies left a bit more to be desired.

I believe the sequel did some things right: melee attack with all weapons, avoid playing Pipe Dream every five minutes, and refining the shooting controls, including the dual plasmid and weapon handling (and not switching). The DLCs were quality and expanded on the existing lore. The story was great, just not extraordinary. However, the game felt a bit too "shooty" and lacked the vulnerability aspect. It felt scary in the same sense that Halo's Flood are scary, which is hardly; being a Big Daddy yourself was akin to being the Master Chief here, where nothing feels like a big threat. (Heard that in a review somewhere...I obviously agree). Resources weren't nearly as scarce either, though one could say it made it easier to play the game in a favored style, using one weapon over others. The ability to lay traps and set up for encounters was interesting, but in some cases it made battles way too easy.

Bioshock Infinite has undoubtedly great environments. Some might disagree, but I think it is on par with Rapture. I think Ken Levine was the one who said the player would experience this game as an actual force in the story rather than a historian, which has its own advantages. Seeing people around Columbia brings out some real human interaction the older games lacked, so it was welcome in my book. But I do agree that it felt a lot like a general shooter. The shooting mechanics handled well for sure, but I felt like I could easily get through the game without playing "Bioshock". Having solid aim and throwing enemies off cliffs worked great for 1999 difficulty, along with a few exploits. After running through the game on the normal and hard modes, I think I got through 1999 in about 4-5 hours with average completion, first try. DLC so far has been lacking and too expensive for what I've gotten for 15 bucks (episode 1). Story was interesting, but was kind of a mess and overly cryptic in its implications. I've heard all sorts of arguments about this one, though I can't shake the idea that the multiverse idea is a lazy one. Not sure if I want to invest in episode 2, though despite having been underwhelmed by the first part, I'll have to do it considering my already invested time.

Anyway, abuse Winter Shield and Return to Sender.

Edited by AliasTheory

I've been playing them for a while now and bought Bioshock 1 on the off-chance that I'd like and I must admit the story had me hooked from day one. I then played 2 and it too made me want more (as well as crying my eyes out at the end like 1 lol).

I then bought Infinite and I was enthralled, once more the attention to detail and story line just blew me away. Sure as with any game, there are holes and there are plot lines that are left hanging but isn't that the reason we have DLC's or a new game etc etc.

The possibilities for this series are endless, however they need to be as creative and believable as the original 2 games and as beautifully created as the last. I'm tired of games being cobbled together and thrown out there as the "next in the series" just to earn the coin... to me its an insult to gamers. If I wanted that I'd play CoD or Need for Speed or even GTA.

I love a story that I can disappear into, a rich environment which I can explore at my leisure and characters I can either love to be, be with or hate on sight lol. Give me that and I'm a happy bunny :)

Bioshock 2 was great, Bioshock 1 was already. Bioshock Infinite...... just no.

However, I hope that the Bioshock series do continue. It's a decent series overall.