Premature Release  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of quest's would you like to see the most?

• Quests that introduces well written characters and well written stories.
    • Quests that have riddles and mysteries that you need to solve.
    • Stories that draws upon the Elder Scrolls Lore, and delves deep into many of the unanswered questions in the Elder Scrolls Universe. (Even though we know we're probably getting a biased answer, or probably not a complete answer)
    • Quests that will allow you to explore places you've never been before, or discover places where you thought there was nothing.
    • Quests pop out of nowhere and surprises you
    • I don't really care for stories, or concepts, or anything! I am the Dragonborn! Just point me in the general direction you want slashing!
  2. 2. Do you like the outfits created by this mod? Would you like to see more of these in the project?

• I love it! Make as many as you can!
    • I think this one plain shirt with a few belt and color variations is enough.
    • I do not like what you have made.
    • I think there are enough vanilla outfits in the game. Why create new ones?
    • I have no opinion on the matter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How goes the progress on this?

I recently started my university education in computer programming and sensor technology and have because of that been fairly busy these last three weeks. That is not to say that I've not been able to work on the project, this last week I've been working on the Solitude sewer system, and the Whiterun Water-canal system. I've also been going through the mod looking for bugs to fix. I've also started to write down good quest and story idea's for when I start implementing quests and books.

Hopefully I can keep progressing at this pace, and have the mod ready for a possible first version release around Christmas - New Year.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I like the Wintergate design. Riften buildings in the snow indeed feel very cozy.

I do think that making stuff modular would be better - the "picturesque cities" TES Arena mod already adds its own interepretation of Blackmoor, for instance.

I can help with writing/coding multi-branched dialogue that can take already completed Vanilla quests into account. I can't code actual quests, though.

Heh, I like the Wintergate design. Riften buildings in the snow indeed feel very cozy.

I do think that making stuff modular would be better - the "picturesque cities" TES Arena mod already adds its own interepretation of Blackmoor, for instance.

I can help with writing/coding multi-branched dialogue that can take already completed Vanilla quests into account. I can't code actual quests, though.

Hello LoneWolfEburg, glad you like the Wintergate design! I still feel it needs some more work though, its a bit of a rough-sketch in those screenshots. :)

If by modular you mean have one esp by town, then I believe that can be done as an alternative download for those who prefer, though the mod as of now is being done on one esp. Once it is finished I will separate content into separate esp's as an optional. Otherwise the work on this mod has been separated into steps. First and current one being is finishing the design's and making the cities accessible, bug-free and feel busy.

The mod: Legendary Cities - Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47989/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D47989%26user%3D1&pUp=1

Is by no means a bad mod, and from what I can tell; it goes for the same thing I am going for; variation, good design and immersion. I can see no problem with people combining contents from both mods by choosing optional single city esp's. The reason my mod is currently being worked on through one single esp, is namely because I want there to be quests and certain systems that work in-between the holds. I plan on releasing the first version of my mod without this content, but as I move on to implement these contents I fear there may be problems or certain content that has to be dropped from the single city esp's to ensure compatibility and to avoid other issues.

I welcome every help I can get! Especially on the tech-heavy department ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice!

Though perhaps, come another trailer, it could be nice to have a small sort of label saying which city it is so we can compare better.

Thank you! Do you mean a comparison "Before" and "After"? Come to think of it, that is a good idea, though I must confess I do not quite know how to do this. I initially planned on having these short "Theme" trailers for each of the cities as I work my way through the project; Though sadly making these trailers take up more of my time then I had liked, and I personally feel that the result has a lot to be improved.

Well Before and After would be quite nice to though I'm not video expert so probably not the best to help with that.

What I meant was just a small bit of text in the video, say in the bottom left, that says which city is being looked at in the video.