The Official Currently Playing Thread

Dark0ne

Hello all,

I recently started playing System Shock 2 with lots of mods and patches etc. I was enjoying up until I got to the part where I had to find the transmitter and its code on deck 5. I've got the code but couldn't find the transmitter so I went on yootoob to find a walkthrough for that bit. They all put the code into a keypad at one end of the upper part of the basketball court. Problem is, I ain't got a keypad there! Anyone know what I should do?

Edit:

I seem to have found out what to do. I'll say here, so that if anyone else has the problem and they find this post it may help them.

Ideally you shouldn't have the game in the 'program' files. I've got mine in 'my documents'.

Posted by ps47_3dfx on the steam community forum (my game is on CD)

"ok, lets try this - back up your current SS2 install (just copy it somewhere), wipe everything clean (delete the SS2 folder with any files remaining there), reinstall again. patch up with ss2tool, but nothing else. copy the saves into the new install, and check the transmitter."

This was to someone who had the game on steam, but it's worked for me.

Important : if you had SCP1 installed and running when you saved the game, you will need this to be installed and running when you start the new install with the old saved games.

Play through the bit with the keypad if it's there and save. Then install and run any other mods you had running before. You should now have your game looking like it did before and have got past the problem.

Edited by seany65

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently i'm playing the "let's-see-how-long-i-can-stare-at-the-Black-Desert-Online-client-whilst-willing-it-to-go-faster" game.

I'm losing by-the-way. D:

meowmeow.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

1. Going through the campaign in Tropico 4. On the last section. Owned the game for quite awhile but had only been playing sandbox. It is a nice change of pace.

Just completed Tomb Raider (2013). Again, had owned it for awhile but had not done much with it.

Total War Empire (again and again). Love the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

After about 120 hours on Fallout 4, I'm burnt out. I'm waiting on the GECK until I jump in again. I installed Oblivion again and I'm using Antimicro to map the controls to my XB1 controller. The controls are kind of wonky, but I'm having a blast.

Super jump clothing + custom super jump spell + Springheeled jacks boots + being a vampire is insane.

Edited by BipedalGiraffe

Will be playing Fallout 4. My character has a young man to show BOS skills to further his training. The residence of the Atomatoy factory Headquarters are going to get a visit. Woe to any of the mutants, raiders, ferals, or scum that live there. I'll be packing some weapons. A laser rifle, a suppressed 10 mm with a hardened case, a baseball bat, and, (now where's the toilet brush for cleaning out scum and hair balls in the bowls)...oh...sorry I was drifting...and a muzzled 50 cal sniper rifle. I'll get to Fallout 4 when I get back from going out in search of Real Life needs or my destiny (whichever gets my attentions first), also to check and see if there are any stores open for people who don't have a big Thanksgiving dinner date or celebrate it.

Yesterday I saw a native American (now known as the 1st People) I saw that he was grabbing something in the gift shop inside the local hospital. I would have missed that event if a child that had stopped in front of me, that was staring at my beard, hadn't moved out of the way in another second or two. The little guy was probably 3 and while he was standing in my path staring at me his father could not get him to sway from the study. I allowed for the event until it was clear he wasn't going to pay attention to his father, to speak me, and did not offer to share some of his candy on a stick.

To those who like me shared the enthusiasm with family (in my case; back when I was a lad) Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Back to work then!