What took my attentions while away.

Deleted54170User

................................. :psyduck: ......................................

It's close to that time of year when the tools of my trade start to awaken the spirit for using them.

The razorback spade, a push mechanical grass cutter, hand powered hedge clippers, and grass clippers all sit in their places waiting for me.

The things that tilling soil for Mom's garden caused me to think about, oh my?!

Hence it seems that what they will be doing is, "Waiting" a while longer.

I was handed some papers from the family vault in 2002. Genealogy papers. That kind of information can cause a lot more questions to an unsettled mind, childlike as mine was, and make a man lose his childish ways when studies in the field are pursued.

I thought I found a way to use my old shovel, trowel, paint brushes too. I decided I could be using them for archaeological digging. But the people who school the young did not have any openings for someone who wanted to earn a living still, at my age.

I am back from the yard of the universities with no new course for earning money, while seeking the links to our dead, after scouring the likely familiar scraps of graveyard headstones. I decided to re-visit the junkyard's of our technology seeking tools that might aid me so I could pursue digging up the family on my own. And then! I decided to try to grasp DNA studies.

I built a much more modern computer and have managed to stay the course for quite some time, and surf online, for even more clues about ancestry. The computer has worked without so much as a whimper requiring me to reinstall the entire OS package once in a years time.

I had to stop working my mind though. I've got to rest my mind and let the dust settle in my field of dreams.

March 30, 2014...

I was sitting in front of the computer with keyboard in my lap. (believe it or not) I was suffering from the magnitude of knowledge and disbelief that I could not find a single paying job to subsidize my genealogy work. Lot of people wanted money to let me use their full knowledge banks of DNA wisdom. I knew then that I would need two paying jobs along with a stipend I receive to keep letting people poke, draw blood, and tell me what ails me.

Firefox was waiting patiently for me to type something. Remember I said I built an all new computer, haven't been surfing at this site, at all, with it since March 1, 2013.

During that mind blown catatonic moment on March 30, 2014 I had a spasm in my left hand. My index finger tapped a key. I slowly raised my head and looked up out of the fog on my mind.

The address bar Firefox had an address displayed. I had apparently type the lowercase "f". Firefox filled in the most likely of the possibilities that would follow. Firefox was also a new version setup on this computer.

The address appeared with the "f" and highlighted after it was, "orum.nexusmods.com". I could not resist the temptation to return after that.

No news in the medical field of finding a cure for old age yet! And those young scientist want me to pay them to do the research. If I run out of blood for monetary exchange or some nasty thing like :facepalm: dying :facepalm: happens I will never find out who my ancestors were before the 1800's or so.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: **** Money money MONEY! Money! **** :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I understand the Queen of England was even low on cash a few months back. Only had 1,600,000 pounds sterling left in her treasury.

(Bitcoins :woot: :teehee: you may be the only way I can earn some cash! But I will have to build an even better computer. A whole BANK of computers on one massive wall may be the only way for me to earn enough Bitcoins in time to complete my search. )

:tongue:

I hope things go well for you, knowing ones past is a good lesson to be learned.

You can also help us out in the last poster wins, you never know what might happen there, its just that random.

• 2 months later...

Advertising which guides us to folks who are primes that aren't receiving appropriate attention, because money tenders are buying out the Internet Service Providers resources so the big business can monopolize moving junk in their warehouses that's getting too old, and keep new fresh good products out of our sight.

You should watch What John oliver had to say about Net neutrality, its true to the word. Cable company somethin, i like to keep this forum clean of that f wordyness.

Edited by Thor.

I watched it all the way to the end to which he started a campaign ritual, music and all. Stood up and started to say, "And I'm talking to YOU!" I'd listen to the guy with more interest if I were able to without the inclusion of his groupies laughter. Groupies add false injections, like, "Could you tell us the answer Thor". Those points of wake up and listen to me when you're in my classroom strengthen queues which when cut and pasted into a dialog are a short reminder that if it weren't for someone's snoring it would have been like, "We took a survey in school today! All but 2 students were awakened when the canned laughter was added. They wrote in the box where only suggestions are supposed to go, "The teacher was so boring, I almost fell asleep during class." Twenty eight students replied, "I don't know nothing!" Thats because they were asleep and dreaming of their favorite pass time."

And We all know what That is! Hunh? Hunh? Right Thor?

In truth, the 2 students did fall asleep and they did not like getting poked with their countries flag pole which pushed their guilt buttons while they were sawing a couple of dream sleep warm logs.

How are your parents doing these days Thor. Still not interesting in the Internet?

Lol not anymore, they where at one point until they suddenly realized what they where missing, Netflix :teehee:

Edited by Thor.

Glad to read they found something to pass the time.

Ah! Netflix! I checked Netflix out.

During the free trial I scanned for any movies I might not have seen and found one ancient black and white movie about a guy who inherits an old movie theater. It was a real run down old theater. Hardly making a penny a day because of the modern theater nearby.

It was passed on by the death of the owner to a completely unknown distant relative.

Peter Sellers was a young man when the movie was made and he was playing the part of an old man, he was the guy who ran the film machines for the theater, in the movie. I thought it was a great old movie. Netflix did not have anymore in their library I had not seen or didn't want to. I cut them off on the second day of the 30 day free trial.

• 2 months later...

One of my older siblings favorite pastimes was trying to convince me that he was the smartest person on Earth. :devil: The only time he had my full attention was when he was trying to take, without earning :devil:, a share of my dessert. That was what was always the last best part of our Moms meal plan, "my dessert". :mad:

Be very wary when doing genealogy research. You may open a closet and find a skeleton that was hidden there for a reason. :ohmy: :pinch:

The Mormon church has a large database that they are willing to share. Also local libraries often have resources on local families that may help.