Realistic inventory system similar to DayZ

vantz

I was thinking how much simpler and realistic the inventory in DayZ is compared to Skyrim. Basically pieces of clothing have slots in them where you can place your items, like this:

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/221100/ss_79d8a864a6f1ace9549dfe51265ba9500c3637ce.1920x1080.jpg?t=1392297402

I think Skyrim could use this sort of inventory management instead of a simple weight system... you can clearly see where your items are and what you're carrying. I personally always feel overwhelmed by all the stuff I have in Skyrim and just end up unrealistically picking lots of stuff up then dropping them when I'm over encumbered. This system forces you to carry 1 melee weapon, 1 long range weapon and whatever else that fits in your clothing. I hope a talented modder is interested in making something similar to this.

Thanks

Edited by vantz

i have a similar idea/request.

I've always had a similar idea , these are the characteristics

1 - the favorite menu items is not logical. it would make sense to have " ready for use ", ie with the sheath, only a limited number of weapons, depending on the type ( swords, axes and daggers also two big weapons only 1 ) . In practice, to make the mod as DSR or armed of the teeth not only aesthetic . One can carry 2 weapons medium or long ( swords, axes or hammers ) to the sides , a pair of daggers, and a big gun on his back. It would be nice to see all these weapons on the player who is on the NPC , regardless of the weapon "carried." But how to force an NPC to choose not only the weapon or 2 weapons that will equip short , but also other 2 or 3, one for each category , is a mystery.

2 - the consumable items , or potions , can not be " infinite " , because even to have a bit of realism you have to force install a mod that allows one potion at a time. It would be great ( for both the player and NPCs ) a bag or a shoulder bag with a n. of slot for potions, equipped , and that (similar to a custom enchantment ) when you " use" potions lost "energy", and must be recharged outside from combat for reuse. Here, as for the n1 , the maximum would be a dynamic thing , that display how many and what potions remain , both for the player who for npc . dreams ...

3 - similar for bullets, a quiver that changes dynamically depending on the arrows contained , and needs to be recharged .

4 - How to npc , in general I'd like to see a mod that makes even the " secondary weapons " , bow and arrows, a dagger that I know , not only ( or 2 ) that wield weapons . Or convince them that they can keep the arrows equipped even if they throw away his bow to switch to sword.