Long load times and 30 Mb save file

Onoska

""My laptops Specs: Two 500 Gb hard drives""
Laptops are notorious for using slow drives. 5400 instead of 7200 that Desktops get. Skyrim loads a ton of stuff in the start of a save load.
Make sure you are plugged in, and none of the "Power saving " features are turned on.
INFO = TMI.. :smile:

Also, I am not quite sure what "Add:Delev, Relev" means <<<can of worms
Since you opened the can..
Those are Bash tags (to put it simply). Wrye bash is a mod manager. With it you can create what is called a Bashed patch, the "tags" tell Wrye what to put into the patch. Delev = Delevel and Relev = Relevel . Using the tags, Wrye can make all those mods work together, Without the bashed patch..what ever mod is loaded last is the winner, because you can not have more then one mod change the same record.
Yes, I only use Wrye bash, it controls all my installs, (308 at present and i am not done), it also handles my load order (121 ESM/P), and my saves.!
Goofy things to try...
Spin a 360 before going thru a load door...
Open the map (make sure not in local) pan in all directions, close, then try a load door.
Download the mod to remove the menu smoke...
Open the console and type "PCB" without the quotes.....
Smack side of Laptop<<<<just kidding
Ohhh and if you are capping your Frame rate, try with it Off (no cap)
If using an ENB...disable to test.
:smile:

I was actually on my entertainment setting rather than my high performance setting. I switched to high performance but nothing changed. Is there another way to make sure I am using the fast drive?

As for your suggestions, I'll make time to try those out:

Spin a 360 before going thru a load door... No change
Open the map (make sure not in local) pan in all directions, close, then try a load door. No change
Download the mod to remove the menu smoke... No change
Open the console and type "PCB" without the quotes..... No change
Smack side of Laptop<<<<just kidding No change
Ohhh and if you are capping your Frame rate, try with it Off (no cap) <-- I thought this was impossible? No change
If using an ENB...disable to test.
Edited by Onoska

""Ohhh and if you are capping your Frame rate, try with it Off (no cap) <-- I thought this was impossible?""

As this was just to test...Nope not impossible just tough... 2 kinds of CAP...Vsync and hard lock.

You can use your GPU , to Vsync to monitor refresh. (avoids screen tearing).

>>Change iPresentInterval to 0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. <<This turns off the games Vsync. (the physics engine will go nuts over 100 FPS). But see if load time is better.

Then use Nvidia to set one of these>> Adaptive Vsync, Half Refresh Adaptive or ON, these are smoother then the game one.

Other programs can also force a FPS, D3DOverrider , ENB or PrecisionX, to hard lock at a chosen FPS..IE 40.

What i normally use>....Game Vsync off....Nvidia to set (adaptive) half refresh. >>reason...i have a 144 Hz monitor, set to 100 Hz , and @ half Refresh i get 50 . But right now i have game Sync off, Nvidia ON , and am letting the game go up to the 100 FPS to see how much i am stressing the GPU's with all my mods...i get ranges down to 30 but most of the time its 60-100. (some stutter with this also).

SO assuming you have a 60 Hz screen, turn off game sync, take 1/2 refresh and you will get 30FPS.<<<it will still be smooth!

>>Change iPresentInterval to 0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini. <<This turns off the games Vsync. (the physics engine will go nuts over 100 FPS). But see if load time is better.

Then use Nvidia to set one of these>> Adaptive Vsync, Half Refresh Adaptive or ON, these are smoother then the game one.

Other programs can also force a FPS, D3DOverrider , ENB or PrecisionX, to hard lock at a chosen FPS..IE 40.

What i normally use>....Game Vsync off....Nvidia to set (adaptive) half refresh. >>reason...i have a 144 Hz monitor, set to 100 Hz , and @ half Refresh i get 50 . But right now i have game Sync off, Nvidia ON , and am letting the game go up to the 100 FPS to see how much i am stressing the GPU's with all my mods...i get ranges down to 30 but most of the time its 60-100. (some stutter with this also).

SO assuming you have a 60 Hz screen, turn off game sync, take 1/2 refresh and you will get 30FPS.<<<it will still be smooth!

I assume vsync is short for vertical sync? Because in my nvidia control panel there is a vertical sync option in the settings. There is no "half refresh adaptive" but I can set it on.

Well I tried this and all it did was make my character and every NPC forced into a stance, just a normal stance but creepy nonetheless. When I move my character he just hovers.

Edited by Onoska

Am out of ideas here...sorry...The other Vsync (yes Vertical) options could be .. I am on a desktop, and have SLI.

Are you on the latest drivers for your GPU?...some of the later Drivers from Nvidia are crap...try rolling back to a driver that came out around the time (date ) of your laptop.

Sorry my bad....I just noticed a few things i should ahve asked way back...

How much VRAM on that Mobil Video card?...try this i bet you your load time gets WAY better...

Turn OFF the 3 HR-DLC's....how's it load now?

Hey,

I managed to get my file save from 26MB to 15MB by doing a really simple thing...

- Open up the console ( ~ key) and type: Save [name the save something]

This will create a new, smaller save. Try not to overwrite saves and just create new ones. I wouldn't have an excessive amount of saves kept unless I stored them in a different folder.

It was a simple fix for me, hopefully it will help you too :)

Am out of ideas here...sorry...The other Vsync (yes Vertical) options could be .. I am on a desktop, and have SLI.

Are you on the latest drivers for your GPU?...some of the later Drivers from Nvidia are crap...try rolling back to a driver that came out around the time (date ) of your laptop.

Sorry my bad....I just noticed a few things i should ahve asked way back...

How much VRAM on that Mobil Video card?...try this i bet you your load time gets WAY better...

Turn OFF the 3 HR-DLC's....how's it load now?

Okay so you want me to turn off my DLCs? As in Dawnguard, Hearthhfire, and Dragonborn?

Hey,

I managed to get my file save from 26MB to 15MB by doing a really simple thing...

- Open up the console ( ~ key) and type: Save [name the save something]

This will create a new, smaller save. Try not to overwrite saves and just create new ones. I wouldn't have an excessive amount of saves kept unless I stored them in a different folder.

It was a simple fix for me, hopefully it will help you too :smile:

Tried this and my save did not move from 30 mb :sad:

'Okay so you want me to turn off my DLCs? As in Dawnguard, Hearthhfire, and Dragonborn?'

I think Camaro_69 was referring to the three High Res Texture Packs! :confused:

YEs , as this post had to do with 2 things...long load times...and a huge save...

Turning off the 3 HR- DLC's (High Rez) was to see if it could load faster.