• 2 months later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again I've reached an impasse. I forgot to complete A Manhandled Manservant before completing Tenpenny Tower and now the dialogue to let Herbert know I found Argyle dead is unavailable. There has to be a way to re-enable the "DaringArgyleDeadTopic" dialogue topic to let him know but I simply don't know what command/script does it! I've tried resetting the Tenpenny Tower and MS12Fin quests but neither of them reset his dialogue. I've also tried "ResetDialogueFlags" and that didn't work either.

If anyone knows, please, would you consider sharing it?

EDIT: I found this on the Fallout Wiki created December 13th, 2009:

"Yes, there is a bug that prevents you from reporting Argyle's death to Dashwood if the Tenpenny Tower quest is completed. I found the error in the GECK CS and fixed it. The problem is that this topic is marked as MS12 quest topic (Tenpenny Tower quest) and if you complete a quest, F3 engine will not display any topics associated with a quest that has been completed. If you are on the PC, you need to create a copy of the topic and assign it as MS12Fin quest topic, which is never completed. You also need a extract the Dashwood voiceover ogg files from the menuvoices.bsa and put them in the Data directory (the exact folder and file names can be looked up in the GECK when you create a copy of the topic). This will allow you to report Argyle's death to Dashwood even after the quest is over. - 19:54, December 13, 2009 (UTC)

Here's an .esp I created that allows you to let Hebert know. However, there's no dialogue.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zo2lmp1j6mdz1aa/Argyle.esp

Edited by VirtualVictory

muligans reset mod made by Ban is what you need to reset ten penny's quest stages.

Below is an ecerpt of the data directly involved on a properly patched game using the retail version of GOTY, "Not Steams version of the engine"

COPYING USED ASSET FILES:
textures\interface\worldmap\wasteland_1024_no_map.dds <-- Wasteland "Wasteland" [WRLD:0000003C] \ WRLD \ Icon \ ICON - Large Icon filename
textures\water\wastelandwaterpotomac.dds <-- Wasteland "Wasteland" [WRLD:0000003C] \ WRLD \ XNAM - Water Noise Texture
meshes\creatures\ghoul\skeleton.nif <-- MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif <-- MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model
textures\creatures\ghoulferal\ghoulferal.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif
textures\creatures\ghoulferal\ghoulferal_n.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif
textures\gore\meatcapgore01.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif
textures\gore\meatcapgore01_n.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif
meshes\clutter\office\metalbox01.nif <-- MetalBox01Office "Metal Box" [CONT:0003788C] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
textures\clutter\office\metalbox01.dds <-- Texture for MetalBox01Office "Metal Box" [CONT:0003788C] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\office\metalbox01.nif
textures\clutter\office\metalbox01_n.dds <-- Texture for MetalBox01Office "Metal Box" [CONT:0003788C] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\office\metalbox01.nif
meshes\clutter\ammo\ammobox01.nif <-- LootAmmoBox10mm "Ammunition Box" [CONT:0002FE7D] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
textures\clutter\ammo\50calammo.dds <-- Texture for LootAmmoBox10mm "Ammunition Box" [CONT:0002FE7D] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\ammo\ammobox01.nif
textures\clutter\ammo\50calammo_n.dds <-- Texture for LootAmmoBox10mm "Ammunition Box" [CONT:0002FE7D] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\ammo\ammobox01.nif
meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01corner.nif <-- DeskOfficeCornerMetal "Desk" [CONT:0003AEFB] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
textures\furniture\desk01.dds <-- Texture for DeskOfficeCornerMetal "Desk" [CONT:0003AEFB] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01corner.nif
textures\furniture\desk01_n.dds <-- Texture for DeskOfficeCornerMetal "Desk" [CONT:0003AEFB] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01corner.nif
meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.nif <-- GarbageCanUrban01 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CCCD] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
textures\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.dds <-- Texture for GarbageCanUrban01 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CCCD] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.nif
textures\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01_n.dds <-- Texture for GarbageCanUrban01 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CCCD] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.nif
meshes\clutter\junk\suitcase01.nif <-- SuitCase02 "Suitcase" [CONT:000A9E65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
textures\clutter\junk\suitcase01.dds <-- Texture for SuitCase02 "Suitcase" [CONT:000A9E65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\junk\suitcase01.nif
textures\clutter\junk\suitcase01_n.dds <-- Texture for SuitCase02 "Suitcase" [CONT:000A9E65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\junk\suitcase01.nif
meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban02.nif <-- GarbageCanUrban02 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CF65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01.nif <-- DeskOfficeMetal "Desk" [CONT:0001CA90] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
meshes\furniture\officeruined\cabinet01.nif <-- FilingCabinet "Filing Cabinet" [CONT:00014BD3] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename
textures\furniture\cabinet01.dds <-- Texture for FilingCabinet "Filing Cabinet" [CONT:00014BD3] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\cabinet01.nif
textures\furniture\cabinet01_n.dds <-- Texture for FilingCabinet "Filing Cabinet" [CONT:00014BD3] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\cabinet01.nif

use of Mod organizer allows a lot of less needed work but !, beware, excessive extraction of voice and sound files will cause FPS drops as these are not compressed any more....Mo offers better way's to deal with things like this.

Though the file has been removed from the networks, it can be re-duplicated.

specific's like the current saved game file containing the said info missing would be required to make you a proper patch By passing any need to re-due things to such an extent, this I can do.

kitty

Edited by Purr4me

muligans reset mod made by Ban is what you need to reset ten penny's quest stages.

Below is an ecerpt of the data directly involved on a properly patched game using the retail version of GOTY, "Not Steams version of the engine"

COPYING USED ASSET FILES:

textures\interface\worldmap\wasteland_1024_no_map.dds <-- Wasteland "Wasteland" [WRLD:0000003C] \ WRLD \ Icon \ ICON - Large Icon filename

textures\water\wastelandwaterpotomac.dds <-- Wasteland "Wasteland" [WRLD:0000003C] \ WRLD \ XNAM - Water Noise Texture

meshes\creatures\ghoul\skeleton.nif <-- MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif <-- MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model

textures\creatures\ghoulferal\ghoulferal.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif

textures\creatures\ghoulferal\ghoulferal_n.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif

textures\gore\meatcapgore01.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif

textures\gore\meatcapgore01_n.dds <-- Texture for MS12FeralGhoul1A "Feral Ghoul" [CREA:00003AD8] \ CREA \ NIFZ - Model List \ Model: meshes\creatures\ghoul\feralghoul.nif

meshes\clutter\office\metalbox01.nif <-- MetalBox01Office "Metal Box" [CONT:0003788C] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\clutter\office\metalbox01.dds <-- Texture for MetalBox01Office "Metal Box" [CONT:0003788C] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\office\metalbox01.nif

textures\clutter\office\metalbox01_n.dds <-- Texture for MetalBox01Office "Metal Box" [CONT:0003788C] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\office\metalbox01.nif

meshes\clutter\ammo\ammobox01.nif <-- LootAmmoBox10mm "Ammunition Box" [CONT:0002FE7D] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\clutter\ammo\50calammo.dds <-- Texture for LootAmmoBox10mm "Ammunition Box" [CONT:0002FE7D] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\ammo\ammobox01.nif

textures\clutter\ammo\50calammo_n.dds <-- Texture for LootAmmoBox10mm "Ammunition Box" [CONT:0002FE7D] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\ammo\ammobox01.nif

meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01corner.nif <-- DeskOfficeCornerMetal "Desk" [CONT:0003AEFB] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\furniture\desk01.dds <-- Texture for DeskOfficeCornerMetal "Desk" [CONT:0003AEFB] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01corner.nif

textures\furniture\desk01_n.dds <-- Texture for DeskOfficeCornerMetal "Desk" [CONT:0003AEFB] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01corner.nif

meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.nif <-- GarbageCanUrban01 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CCCD] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.dds <-- Texture for GarbageCanUrban01 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CCCD] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.nif

textures\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01_n.dds <-- Texture for GarbageCanUrban01 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CCCD] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban01.nif

meshes\clutter\junk\suitcase01.nif <-- SuitCase02 "Suitcase" [CONT:000A9E65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\clutter\junk\suitcase01.dds <-- Texture for SuitCase02 "Suitcase" [CONT:000A9E65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\junk\suitcase01.nif

textures\clutter\junk\suitcase01_n.dds <-- Texture for SuitCase02 "Suitcase" [CONT:000A9E65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\clutter\junk\suitcase01.nif

meshes\clutter\garbagecan\garbagecanurban02.nif <-- GarbageCanUrban02 "Garbage Can" [CONT:0001CF65] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\furniture\officeruined\desk01.nif <-- DeskOfficeMetal "Desk" [CONT:0001CA90] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

meshes\furniture\officeruined\cabinet01.nif <-- FilingCabinet "Filing Cabinet" [CONT:00014BD3] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename

textures\furniture\cabinet01.dds <-- Texture for FilingCabinet "Filing Cabinet" [CONT:00014BD3] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\cabinet01.nif

textures\furniture\cabinet01_n.dds <-- Texture for FilingCabinet "Filing Cabinet" [CONT:00014BD3] \ CONT \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\furniture\officeruined\cabinet01.nif

use of Mod organizer allows a lot of less needed work but !, beware, excessive extraction of voice and sound files will cause FPS drops as these are not compressed any more....Mo offers better way's to deal with things like this.

Though the file has been removed from the networks, it can be re-duplicated.

specific's like the current saved game file containing the said info missing would be required to make you a proper patch By passing any need to re-due things to such an extent, this I can do.

kitty

Thank you Kitty! However, I'm quite content with the patch work solution I came across.

I have one more problem now: I found Arkansas missing in the Slave Pens in Paradise Falls. I typed "prid 2bd14," "enable" but that didn't work. So, I typed "resurrect" and found that he died. Now, he doesn't have his slave collar, and he's back to using his default guard package at Minefield. Unfortunately, when I reset the Strictly Business quest and try to mezz Arkansas after he had previously been enslaved, I can't mezz him; his head always explodes.

There has to be something in the mesmertron script preventing you from enslaving the same NPC multiple times, I just can't find it. Do you think you can help me find it so that I can re-enslave Arkansas?

Nevermind! I found it! You have to type "Set MS13Slaves.PlayerRemovedCollar to -1" That should allow you to mezz any NPC again and he'll/she'll make their way to the Slave Pen in Paradise Falls. You now have to type "MS13.ArkansasArrived to 1" so that Grouse is aware that you enslaved him. Lastly, if you Want Arkansas or any of the other slaves to return to their every day life activities, simply type "RemoveFromFaction 2F561" and they'll forget they were ever enslaved.

Edited by VirtualVictory

Nevermind! I found it! You have to type "Set MS13Slaves.PlayerRemovedCollar to -1" That should allow you to mezz any NPC again and he'll/she'll make their way to the Slave Pen in Paradise Falls. You now have to type "MS13.ArkansasArrived to 1" so that Grouse is aware that you enslaved him. Lastly, if you Want Arkansas or any of the other slaves to return to their every day life activities, simply type "RemoveFromFaction 2F561" and they'll forget they were ever enslaved.

Actually, no, I haven't been able to recreate what I did to re-mezz Arkansas. Does anyone know of the command to re-mezz Arkansas? I know it's in the MS13CollarEffectScript or the MS13MesmetronEffectScript.

Edited by VirtualVictory

some things in this game can only be done "once". Remember, the game does keep track of accomplishments / achievements.

To do things twice which qualify as an achievement get 's recorded and is verified by game scheduled, checked against the main DB / the saved game file to see if you already did "something".

Your using console commands...so what that say's is a lot of spawns will not take place, spawns results from cells and events scripted in to the structures of the game.

so, I'll explain it in another ways.

I have one more problem now: I found Arkansas missing in the Slave Pens in Paradise Falls. I typed "prid 2bd14," "enable" but that didn't work. So, I typed "resurrect" and found that he died. Now, he doesn't have his slave collar, and he's back to using his default guard package at Minefield. Unfortunately, when I reset the Strictly Business quest and try to mezz Arkansas after he had previously been enslaved, I can't mezz him; his head always explodes.

this IS a result....so if the character were to be "moved ? " to another cell, all objectives with in it's makeup will be absent, the same applies to TTB " Ties that bind" Or here is the best example of "DEFAULT" scripts that require exact timing during the quest...leaving raven rock.

qualifiers in raven rocks make up drive users nut's and DUE to broken steel altering some of the stages, specific requirements are needed to Obtain a special weapon in the last Shield protected enclave crate just before "hacking the last terminal", IF you have say EVE's mod installed, the Original mod and AA mod's, there will be only qualified weapons generated in that crate.

If you were to use say casm as to try and cheat that last quest stage ? you will find the weapons change back to default ones and may experience a NO Show of Fawkes .

repeats done at that last juncture of exiting Raven Rock, you may find new spawns of invisible walls slamming down inside and are unable to move, forward OR Backwards.

console commands remove timed spawns from passing through triggers that also are spawning VIA script stages.

versions of the Engines produces different results.

So, If the quest stages have been completed "already ? " then no, nothing will work right, and there is no way to correct "missed triggers due to not spawning".

Some of these invisible walls are triggers, they are not there by default but are placed there by your actions.

with in the capital building, there is a fight deep with in the main lobby, there is giant in the center dome. the walls will drop down in there too if you have completed all the quest stages through that area...here the thing, because the game is so buggy, and sloppy ! the creatures have no NON-spawn command written into the games data so they re-spawn...over and over again, this only takes place if there are recorded of missed triggers, some call this a glitch..LOL, wow, this game can develop a ton of those easy. Any way, these walls drop down inside there and Prevent both them and you from passing.

Other things will alter this, all of this, other mods or patchworks or plugins "missing data needed to unlock things ." this data you can not see because it get's generated automatically due to stages or your perks, what you have thus done so far to date.

If you have used too many console commands on main scripted events ? then the chance of high disqualifying game play is there. A game is meant to win or loose, the game will stop progressions too if too many things are left undone. level 30 should place all things gained to about as high as you can go and things just stop working.

all the faults listed on the Wiki have been accounted for to date, work around are not using broken commands, but rather re-programming the events in the use of a plugin loading last, not just a re-set but an over ride as the designed DLC does.

If your plugin does not suffice? it's due to missing information you can't see...data you can not place into a plugin.

But you can program the plugin "...TO PRODUCE THESE RESULTS"... that's why you see me asking for a saved game from a user, I use his or her stat's from it to produce needed info and re-program the results.

patches I make can only be used by the author of the saved game file.

example of spawned triggers...FWE alt start mod put's you out in the wasteland, but if you go back to the vault 101 Enter and re-exit ? do you not level up? do you not hear the sounds related to that exit trigger ?

you need to walk thru the original triggers for Arkansas's quest..."Mine Field". If it works at all at this stage ?

• 2 weeks later...

Say, Purr4me, are you familiar with the theme items for your Megaton and Tenpenny house? Well, I was wondering of there would be a way to enable these objects to have them permanently in your home regardless of the theme you have.

Every theme item in the room has an enable parent that prevents them from being enabled manually through the console. I made an .esp file that set their enable parent reference to none but unfortunately, it's only saved to the .esp and shall it ever be removed, all the items in the room will be disabled. Is there a way to have these items permanently in your game without an .esp file? The names of the cells are Tenpenny03Player and MegatonPlayerHouse.

I know there's a command to place items at yourself using Player.placeatme (ref) (#) but is there a specific command to place the item at another location?

Can I move that item around in the G.E.C.K. and place it on my shelf, organize it, etc?

How would I remove it from the game entirely? Usually with an .esp file the reference is completely deleted but ... Actually, couldn't I just type Prid (Item's reference), Moveto Player and move it to Point Lookout, uninstall Point Lookout and have it deleted from the game, or would it still be there?

Say, Purr4me, are you familiar with the theme items for your Megaton and Tenpenny house? Well, I was wondering of there would be a way to enable these objects to have them permanently in your home regardless of the theme you have.

Every theme item in the room has an enable parent that prevents them from being enabled manually through the console. I made an .esp file that set their enable parent reference to none but unfortunately, it's only saved to the .esp and shall it ever be removed, all the items in the room will be disabled. Is there a way to have these items permanently in your game without an .esp file? The names of the cells are Tenpenny03Player and MegatonPlayerHouse.

I know there's a command to place items at yourself using Player.placeatme (ref) (#) but is there a specific command to place the item at another location?

Can I move that item around in the G.E.C.K. and place it on my shelf, organize it, etc?

How would I remove it from the game entirely? Usually with an .esp file the reference is completely deleted but ... Actually, couldn't I just type Prid (Item's reference), Moveto Player and move it to Point Lookout, uninstall Point Lookout and have it deleted from the game, or would it still be there?

Yeah! You can spawn anything in and move it to the reference of the item in your home. You can get everything and without a theme too. Shall you ever want to remove the items from your home and the game, simply teleport the items to the reference id of an NPC in a dlc, uninstall the dlc and reinstall it! ^_^

pick 1 single object that falls into this discussion and let's see what can or can not be done.

EDIT: understand , the discussion has changed, and I believe to be under an assumption there is a misunderstanding here.

The game engine spawns data according to accomplishments and that data is NOT consolable, the data in reference is triggers attached to objects, .... now if it your Joy to sit there and console every aspect of this simple game?

That's for you to do, not me and does not require my help.

I can make all the paper in the game disappear permanently and use zero code to do it, no plugins I can do this to any object but once done hun, it's done no matter how many times you uninstall and reinstall the game.

Why would anyone want to spawn things on their own ? how would all of that be of any value to average players ?

see my point?

Edited by Purr4me