Texture Crash on Worldspace - FWE?

Ordeiberon

So I was running a pretty heavily modded game, pretty stable after I used the 3GB modifier on the Fallout.exe I figured I'd give FWE, EVE and Weapon Mod Kits a try. So the problems began when loaded my mid game save and was testing my load on the GNR Roof.

If I walked out towards the Antenna, crossing the line between the GNR Roof Worldspace cell, and the wilderness cell where the antenna was, I would not be able to pull up any inventory windows from clicking on objects and further if I pulled my pipboy The game marks it as missing its mesh (remember it worked a second ago) and putting the pipboy back down now shows my body as invisible and I can't pull up even the main menu to exit or reload.

The character can continue to move but I can't interact with anything that requires a menu or pull up the main menu.

I thought it was my GNR Roof Mod, so I made some changes (moved the gate and fence so I could not cross the line), saw they weren't all taking (fence moved, gate didn't move) despite no other mods affecting it, and assumed I had to reload my first visit to it (Since interacting with the gate locks it position I'm guessing?).

In reloading an earlier mod I encountered the same error as soon as I entered a wasteland worldspace. So I now suspect something to do with FWE as EVE and Weaponkits don't mod scripts that affect you as you move about.

I had read through the FWE docs and didn't see any mention of requiring a new game start, so I'd like to figure out what script is affecting the game.

Any Ideas?

Update: Started new game got out of Vault 101 turned the corner and boom same problem. So it is something to do with a script affecting you while you are in unnamed worldspaces. Copied this post to FWE forums as well.

Update 2 - Possible Suspect. I went through removing unchecking mods to locate the suspect and found it the FWE Follower Mod. Disabling that stopped the Mesh crash. I had a texture error on my pipboy after Brisa Companion spoke to me outside the vault, but I suspect because I had a 1.31 patch for it which duplicated several scripts. I consolidated the Brisa mods and texture didn't happen (it was gone on reboot anyway but still.) though I have yet to test if this was the conflicting culprit by putting followers back in.

Update 3: Kept Followers out. Still getting random crashes on world spaces and the occasional meshes or textures get screwed up while walking around megaton or the springvale underground bunker.

Hmm. that is not the issue I am experiencing. That issue is an incorrectly textured weapon in the latest EVE (I noticed while putting together override mods to get FWE, EVE, and Modkits to work). I thought EVE just replaced Meshes and Textures? The problem I am running into right now is a straight crash of textures. I am not sure how to post a pic in the but here is recent example. I restarted the game. Leave my companions ( i have since disabled FWE followers) and when I came back to them, bodies, hair, outfits are now giant red squares indicating mesh loss. My pipboy is gone too (red square) and I can't access the main menu. I just tried creating a merged patch as well and still getting this error (after checking the merged patch I will stop using. It merges container and NPC inventories, that were meant to be overridden not merged.)

Could the overrides in EVE cause that kind of issue?

What ever is causing it happens as I enter a worldspace area. Right now with a new game, My character and followers (Brisa and Amata) are outside the vault. Everything seems to be good. Most FWE Options disabled or set to vanilla. so I head down the hill, left or right it doesn't matter cause as soon as I hit the next cell, pulling up my Pip causes it to appear as a red square, and I can't see the pip menu. Dropping the pip and now my body clothes are invisible and I can't pull up the main menu.

Update: Turns out Eve may have the cause of the larger problem. Disabling it stopped the Crash on pip boy use. However the disappearing meshes occured again when I attempting to add in Mutant Marts. So I removed MMM and tests seem to work. But then when I fast traveled Meshes on my companions, to include one of their skin textures and the mesh for a couple of posters gave the dreaded red square again. Pip boy was good this time as was main menu, so at least it was workable. I tried saving and reloaded but no good. Rebooting the program worked. It now occurs to me I had an earlier FOSE related issue with Underground bunkers' hair cut system. Red squares on hair and whole character became invisible once hair was chosen. A quick reload solved that so no issue, but it occurs to me perhaps I am suffering from a larger issue?

Update 4: I may have to give up on FWE. I don't want to as some features were nice however the strange glitches are just happening too often to make due. After reducing to just FWE and even after turning everything to vanilla settings I am still getting the texture and mesh on some objects (such as my companions skin and gear, other effects. Pipboy and main menu still works but only a full game restart will get rid of the errors. Dropping FWE relives these and now I only get the CTD but no Mesh or Texture errors. I would like to solve the issue however if anyone has an idea, I will test it.
I wonder again though how can this have so many endorsements if everyone has these issues. So I figure I must be one of a few having them which means their is a conflict somewhere in conflicting FOSE Scripts? Is there a place to view the compatibility list as the one on the site is down? I did have bullet time and Remote companions conflicting for example but removing those did not help. Again any other Ideas?

Working Update (I hope). After much searching I finally found mention of the mesh drop out problem being related to mod overload. While I hadn't encountered the issue before I was close with a 140 mods. FWE or MMM just added too many mods and threw it over the limit I guess. I went back and consolidated as many mods as I could to include bringing FWE, MMM down to one .esm and one .esp a piece. That seems to have solved the Mesh drop out issue. I could not get the main menu to come up if I tried it with Modkit and that seems to give me some kind of error in F03 about the weapons lists being invalid when I try a materpatch. Separate issue. So I am pleased to report I currently have FWE and MMM working after reducing my Mod count. I did't try EVE again as the gauss rifile is all I wanted and that works fine as a standalone mod. I wish they would release all these as GOTY editions to keep mod count down.

Hope that helps some others if they encounter the same issue.