Installing mod into Steam game

Veraaloe5

I downloaded the texture mod fine and have it now on my computer. I now want to somehow install it into my Steam file and do not know how.

If I go to 'data' on the game opening page in Steam it takes me only to their workshop where I did subscribe to some mods there but then found them not what I really wanted. Do I have to delete those? have not used any of the mods yet, just subscribed

Anyway, when I go to the Steam folder on my computer I cannot find any place where to put the mod.

Please help

Thank you

You should learn to manually install before you get NMM, because not all mods support it. Go to the Steam directory, wherever you installed it, then steamapps/common/Skyrim/data, and in there is where the "Textures", "Meshes" "Scripts" etc. folders go. Make sure you learn the layout of the place so when you gotta manually install something, you know exactly which folder goes where. When you install a mod that has folders, just quickly check inside the folders beforehand to make sure the structure's right and it's not something like a Textures folder inside another Textures folder. Trust me, a bit of fastidiousness will save you trouble later on.