It's fine to shorten the name of mods in manager right?

Vainlash

Just double checking to be sure. Example when you download the Unofficial Skyrim patch, in the manager it shows up like;

Unofficial Skyrim Patch - Unofficial Skyrim Patch_2.0.3

To

Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Just to make everything look more clean.

I think on its own it doesn't change or break anything, though you have to remember that certain mods rely on other mods, so if you change the names then things can get screwed up because those mods can no longer find its dependencies.

Not to mention if you want to sort your mods with BOSS that program can not recognize the new names you gave your mods.

Changing the names of mods in the manager does nothing to the names of the archives themselves, or the names of any of the files inside them. It changes only the name displayed in NMM. So it makes no difference to BOSS nor does it affect mods looking for dependencies. I don't think I have a single mod in the 290 I have downloaded that I haven't changed the name of in NMM because of my rather specific organisation system, and it's never caused me any problems whatsoever.

Changing the names of mods in the manager does nothing to the names of the archives themselves, or the names of any of the files inside them. It changes only the name displayed in NMM. So it makes no difference to BOSS nor does it affect mods looking for dependencies. I don't think I have a single mod in the 290 I have downloaded that I haven't changed the name of in NMM because of my rather specific organisation system, and it's never caused me any problems whatsoever.

Lol yeah was going to say, my boss, bashed, proccer all that works just fine. I alraedy knew anyway but always best to confirm.