The Debates Forum

ThetaOrionis01

Welocme to the new debates forum. This kind of forum worked very well on the soon-to-be-no-more Morrowind Chronicles Forums, so here's hoping we can get some good discussions going. As for rules for this forum - respect the terms of service you all agreed to when registering and one extra request:

Keep it civilized - no personal attacks on other posters please because their opinion on a subject differs from yours.

Let's see how it goes :D

A stern warning here: As I've been on many, many, MANY debate forums in my time, I'd like to give a personal warning against religious topics. They always deteriorate into flame wars -- note that I'm not prohibiting these, but I feel that unfortunately since opinions are so strong on topics like that they near always fail and end up with moderations or potential lockings.

Religion does however play a strong role into many subjects, and not questioning ones religion is kind of inviting ignorance...

True, they may deteriorate into flame-wars, but at places modified well with a solid member base which knows to avoid that it shouldn't end that way. :P

We already have a 5 page topic on religion which has not deteriorated into name-calling or flaming. I know what you mean though....I've encountered religious debates on other forums too which became flamewars before they were two days old.

If anyone feels tempted to make remarks such as 'all atheists will go to hell' (I have seen this remark posted on another forum! ) or 'all [insert religion here] are [insert stupid stereotype here][insert insult here]' spare yourself the effort and spare the moderators the effort of deleting your post and rewarding you with a forum strike.