Modders Wanted for TES 6 mod!

curim2

Ok I know what your going to say: Elder Scrolls 6 has not even been announced yet!.

I know this but I want to start working on concept art, Story, and how the worldspace will be like when we start designing it. So Concept Artist and Lore writers are wanted for know, more will be recruited when TES6 is released. If you are good at one or both of these Talents please message me.

I already have a idea for what the world will be named and look like, what the regions will be like and a basis for the story, But I need a team to help me.

Please help out with this project!

Edited by curim2

I just said I want to start planning out the story and make some concept art of wht the mod will look like we aint gonna do any serious work until it 6 is released! That's all I want to do at the moment.

You can't plan a mod for a game that doesn't exist yet - that won't exist for several years still. You have literally zero context. For anything - story, art direction, character development, anything. We don't know yet where or when it will take place, what situations will have changed and/or arisen since the days of the Last Dragonborn, or what circumstances might cause the political relationships as we currently know them to change from how they've been established in Skyrim. And then there's the more practical end of things - Bethesda may very well decide that they don't want people modding TESVI, and won't enable us with tools like the CK. Half of what you expect to be able to do may not even be possible for years after the game is eventually released, which is itself still years away.

You're getting way too ahead of yourself, mate. If you're that excited about your story idea then you'd be better to try creating it for Skyrim.

TES 6 is like what, 3-4 years away? How are you going to do concept art or story when you don't know the location and story of the game yet? You have no setting, no time frame. You can't even try to use the current way of scripting and building stuff because unlike the previous TES games, 6 will be using an entirely new engine. Lore is in flux, you don't know how it will be tackled in events in TES 6. What if something of your ideas were being implemented in the game and tackled it differently? Let's say you planned on Thalmor involvement in your mod. But then Bethesda releases TES6 set 300 years after Skyrim and the Thalmor has been defeated? That would put years of work and concept design and stuff in the trash bin.

You're like a kid who's getting his dad to buy him a new car when he turnes 18. He's so exited that he already bought fenders, spoilers, hub caps and other stuff for his car, only to receive it and find out the accessories he bought doesn't even fit.

Ok, U people don't understand: I don't want anything to do with any province Bethesda decides to make for 6. I wan to make a total conversion mod.

Then why plan for TES6? You don't even have a tool for it yet. That's like planning for hyperspace travel, or planning to travel to Tatooine for a quick vacation. It's an exercise in futility because you don't have the tools for your plans yet. Do your mod for Skyrim, then when TES6 comes out, port it over.

It's you who don't understand. No matter what you say, planning for anything related to TES 6 now is useless and futile, since the only thing you can probably make is a storyboard, which depending on how Beth handles the lore, may became useless. Lore is useless at this point in planning for TES 6 as well, since we have no idea how Beth will handle any lore in TES6. They could make every single thing we know irrelevant if they so choose, just like how they broke the timeline and events with a Dragonbreak at the end of Daggerfall, allowing every single contradiction to exist simultaneously, allowing them to rebuild parts of lore and history.

If you say that whatever Beth does won't affect your mod, why plan it for TES 6 then? By the looks of things, we will see TES 6 at 2017 earliest, with Beth supposedly working on Fallout 4, then they will get an entirely new game engine, since the one they used for Skyrim is basically 15 years old in it's core and that Skyrim is the last YES game to be using it. Then we'll probably see a proper "creation kit" for TES6 on 2018 or 2019. Seriously do you even have any idea at what you're saying? It's you who don't understand the position you're putting yourself into. Even the huge dedicated teams of Morrowblivion, Beyond Skyrim and SkyWind, whose projects are ridiculously huge, didn't plan on concept art and stuff for the next game, because it's simply not feasible.

The question at doubting you and basically calling your idea ridiculous is, why plan for TES 6? So you are saying that you want to plan for at least 4-5years and risk Beth doing stuff that makes you rebuild everything you did? Why not just do it with the tools you currently have? Plus people won't join teams with a vague "help me!" request. Even recruiting teams for current games need a good sales pitch. You don't have that.

hmmmm your right. don't know what I was thinking. I guess I thought the game would have better graphics a more understandable engine and a load of recourses to help make the architecture, very stupid of me to think this lol. well I guess I will start making it for Skyrim. So who wants in?

I'm going to chime in with some advice...

This topic is probably useless for your project, too much dissent to really get anyone interested.

On top of that no one can really get interested in working on a project they know nothing about. If you give me a millenium falcon lego set I can get excited about building it. What you're offering is a cardboard box with no labels indicating what is inside to be built.

If you want to drum up excitement for people to work on something I would suggest giving an idea of the world you want to build and the themes that will be played out there. What are the people like? The environment?

I can tell you I have a bike for sale but that doesn't get you excited does it? If I told you instead I have a red bike with flame art on it with fat mountain bike tires 21 speeds and a motorized back wheel that might interest you more than "I have a bike for sale" wouldn't it?

Quite honestly though the elephant in the room... Lets discuss it. 9/10 large projects don't get completed some don't even have alpha builds on the nexus for download. The projects I see that get contributed to are ones where the original creator shows that they've done something already besides talk about it. Like release the worldspace for people to walk around and then say "Hey all we've gotta do now is populate it!" And you know what? People can get excited about that.

Better luck next topic?