Modders Wanted for TES 6 mod!

curim2

Quite honestly though the elephant in the room... Lets discuss it. 9/10 large projects don't get completed

Which is because 9.5/10 people starting these projects are people with:

A) No former experience

B) Little experience.

Most doesn't know how much work it takes, and too many times the guy starting the project got nothing to start with, and avoids all the responsibility. "I got an idea! So join me, and I will let you do 99% of the work while I sprout out ideas that helps no one!"

Its been like that since Morrowind. The big project that's been done/is in progress got a team of modders on it already, and have had for a long time. They already had an alpha build before recruiting new people into it.

Making a big mod, containing everything, required:

Manager/leader/Dude deciding stuff

Planners

Storytellers

Sripters

Quest makers

Modelers

*Organic/Hard Surface/Animation-ready/Environment/Character/weapon

Texturers

*Must match the style of Skyrim. If multile texturers are used, their style MUST match a 100%.

Concept artist

Guy responsible for posting/collecting info from the community

Beta testers

Then add the fact the mod could take anything from a few months, to a few years.

There is no money in the picture. So you can't "bait" people into joining with that.

That's why it never works. The guy making the project, and getting the team, got no idea what it takes. It requires dedication and time above anything. If your main concept artist disappears, which is normal enough, you are at a severe disadvantage. To the point the whole team must wait, which increase the chance somebody else leaves, etc, etc

My tip for anybody wanting to start some sort of long-term project:

1) Know what is required.

2) get involved. You need to be on top of everything, and be the most dedicated member.

3) Research the community. What modders ARE out there? The top modders are gone. The advanced modders are gone. What is left are new modders, and some random "feel like modding for a few days!"-kind-of-people.(guilty as charged).

4) Research your idea. Example. If I wanted to join you, I would ask you "What do you got?". If the answer is "I got this idea.....", I am leaving. Everybody got ideas. Ideas does not help. What you need, is information. What do you want? How do you want it? Why do you want it? What is the technical side of this?

Best of luck!

Matth