CK Load Issue - Assertion Error

NWelf

I am having a problem when I go to load the CK. I get this assertion error (see file below) every time I try to start up the CK. Not sure what to do, since I thought I already had been using the 64bit version. So not sure what to do, any help would be appreciated :D . I believe this is the Steam version of the CK, as the shortcut points to a steam url and not something on my HD, if that makes any difference.

System Info:

Alienware X51 R2

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Service Pack 1

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Memory: 8Gigs

HDD: Seagate 2TB

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670

Video Memory: 2Gigs

DirectX Version: 11

EDIT: Ok tried loading it by clicking on the EXE file right from my skyrim folder, still give the assertion error. Also tried validating the tool cache and it says it all validates just fine, so I'm stumped.

Edited by NWelf

Well I don't have your answer, I am just sorry no one else does! Especially since you are always so awesome and helpful to people.

I've never run across that error; my only thoughts are that maybe it is related to a utility you are using that affects BSA files (like an optimizer)?

Also, have you tried using the verify cache files thing on the CK (same process as for Skyrim, just click on the Creation Kit instead then properties and verify game files, or something like that.)

Well I don't have your answer, I am just sorry no one else does! Especially since you are always so awesome and helpful to people.

I've never run across that error; my only thoughts are that maybe it is related to a utility you are using that affects BSA files (like an optimizer)?

Also, have you tried using the verify cache files thing on the CK (same process as for Skyrim, just click on the Creation Kit instead then properties and verify game files, or something like that.)

Awe stop your makin me :blush: !!

Anyways lol, I'm not using any optimizers, or mod organizers or anything like that, as I install all my mods by hand. And I did do a verify tool cache for the CK, it reacquired like 34 files, ran the validator again and it said all of the files validated, but when I went to use the CK I still get the same Assertion Error. So not sure what else to do.

Still don't have your answer, mostly just bringing this up to the top again for you.

I do have a question--just to clarify--this message comes up when you first pull up the CK, before you attempt to load any mods up?

What is the install path of your CK? Have you tried reinstalling to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim if it is not already there? (assuming Windows 7)

Still don't have your answer, mostly just bringing this up to the top again for you.

I do have a question--just to clarify--this message comes up when you first pull up the CK, before you attempt to load any mods up?

What is the install path of your CK? Have you tried reinstalling to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim if it is not already there? (assuming Windows 7)

Yea it comes up when I first start up the program, before I select any mods, while the program is initializing. And it is installed in the proper place in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim . Yes using Windows 7 home premium (64bit) Service Pack 1. My windows version is all up to date with the latest patches and whatnot. I tried running it directly from the .exe file in my skyrim folder, but it still throws that same assertion error. Also uninstalled and reinstalled the program but it didn't help any, still gives me the error. I've validated all the cache files, and it says they are all fine, so not sure why its giving me this error.

When in doubt, my first trouble shooting step is....

Right click, and Drag n Drop any EXE to the desktop, select "create desktop short cut"

Right click that shortcut. Bottom choice "Properties" on the Compatibility tab select.."run as admin"

Then try the different options on the compatibility tab...

Yes even IF you are logged in as an Admin, the UAC folders can and still do give problems.