At what level do you usually start playing main quest

ssdd2014

Technically the main quest starts when the game starts, so level 1. :P

As far as finishing, I've put off the last stages till level 70 something. I wanted all the shouts plus finish Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Falskaar before finishing up the MQ. IDK something about the MQ ending to me says that it is pointless to play any more, so I just put if off to the end.

Whenever the hells I want. I've had characters live and die and never touched the main quest, which I reserve for my constantly WIP main character. Usually I start out with an alternate start mod and never bother getting the main quest started up properly from there.

I did the guilds and and civil war things first and waited to give up the dragon stone when I was about level 45.

It was nice in a way not to have to deal with all the dragons until towards the end of the game.

Usually, I go through the Faction questlines and the DLC questlines before I start the MQ. I clear out most of the dungeons I can that you go through in the MQ later when doing those other quests. I wait till I am 39 in level.

Edited by Tealbow

I have done as many side quests as possible and then only approached the Jarl of Whiterun

to begin the main quest.

Currently on lvl 71 and have only gone as far as Delphine and the Akaviri Temple of Skyhaven.

I will continue the MQ up to the point where I have to broker a deal between the Stormcloacks and

the Imperials and then I will stop.

I do not want the Silverbloods or that cow Maven Black-Briar to become Jarls.

For me it's not so much my level that dictates when I start the main (or any other) quest, but where I am in that particular character's story. For example, my run through of a classic Nord Hero Dragonborn build starts the main quest a lot sooner than my hooded archer vigilante build.

I have never gotten past Sky Haven. Although I started that on a older champion at level 69. the only reason I even started it at all was because in order to advance the Civil War quest I had to talk to the Jarl and had to have the Dragon Attack done first.

To be honest the main quest the doesn't interest me as much as every other quest. M bigges problem by doing other quests like Thieves, Dark Brotherhood, Dawngaurd (vampire side) my character will be way to strong even for legendary so i'll start another and go a diffrent Dawnguard side, companions.

Currently near level 40 and everything is pretty easy to kill except Bandit Chiefs and multiple Master Vampires.

As Hyacathusarullistad said, there isn't a particular level at which I start the main quest. I tend to try and travel the land a bit, build up my map/skills as well as complete a handful of side quests before starting the main quest (if I start the main quest). I do this to get acclimated to the build and to make sure that the character is worth playing. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the main quest and much prefer to stick to Guild questlines and side quests.