100 things nobody knows about The Elder Scrolls IV *POTENTIAL SPOILERS

dkamm65

The bartender of Inn of the Ill Omen wears no pants.

I just checked that out on the UESP, and it's true. I think that knowing that small detail makes the Inn of Ill Omen so much more amazing.

Oh god, I use nude mods. That's going to look extra special.

88. Many modders probably know this, but non-modders probably don't. In vanilla Oblivion, male and female npcs use the exact same head mesh. That's why the npcs are potato-heads. The face is one-size-fits-all.

Edited by Rennn

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

89. Aurelinwae from the Frostcrag spire DLC (still technically vanilla ;) ) will repeat one of her lines when you ask her for rumours. She will say "I heard that thieves broke into the Arcane University, the Imperial Legion Compound, and the Temple, all on the same night!", then you will hear her talking to the devs away from the mic before saying the line again without lip sync.

It might happen to other high elf women too, seen as they share a voice actress.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this counts but I found something odd so I might as well post it:

90? During the tutorial dungeon, before meeting up again with the emperor, if you hide out on the ledge, out of sight long enough, the guard and the emperor will keep repeating the same phrases. Barius will tell the emperor we have to keep moving to which he replies he needs to rest. This will go on forever as long as you are unseen.

Edited by scarycave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

92. With a high level in acrobatics, you can climb the Anvil Chapel and get on top of the walls. Once on the walls, you can jump over the edge and run around a not-fully-generated Cyrodiil.

93. Hatred's Soul (a bow) and Hatred's Heart (a mace) can be found while in the Chorrol Oblivion Gate. Just turn around and explore behind the gate once in Oblivion. You have to travel a little while, but eventually you come across a door labeled The Fume Vaults. Adventuring through them will bring you to the area where the weapons are located,

94. In the Anvil Mages' Guild, one of the mages has a pet imp named Sparky.

Edited by SneakyWitchThief

• 3 months later...

Found out the other day that the Khajit owner of the inn in Chorrol can't get into her own (locked) rooms upstairs. I'm assuming that this is true of the all other innkeepers.

The story is this:

I walked into the inn, and Eugal (the Mythic Dawn sleeper) was in there. Well he went into combat, only to be taken down by one of the local Mage's Guild npcs

and the Khajit npc.The kicker is that the other Mythic Dawn sleep was up stairs, in one of the locked rooms. So the two nps went running to take down the other

sleeper, and promptly bugged. Apparently, the Khajit did not have a copy of the room key and so was unable to actually get to her target.

So I figured I'd pick the lock, which got me a 5 gold bounty. The sleeper came out and was taken down. In the process, the guard came in to arrest me for picking

the lock and was hit by the Mage's Guild guy. The guard forgot about me and went outside after him. The end result was 5 dead nps, which i resurrected. I

figured I had better pay the bounty for lock picking so I ended up at Castle Chorrol.

Upon coming out I found the 3 Fighter's guild members, a guard, and the King of Miscarcand (who I ran away from in hopes of him showing up in the IC). The King

went down rather quickly. I just stood and watched (and LOLed).

So I found out:

Innkeepers don't carry keys to their own rooms.

You can get in trouble for helping npcs.

The King of Miscarcand will follow you anywhere (even to Oblivion).

The wonders of Radiant AI are many.

Edited by JudgeD

• 1 month later...

97. There's a campsite located near the Jerall mountains called Aerin's camp, there's is just one person in the camp who can teach you acrobatics. But the interesting thing is that the campsite was named after a bosmer from Morrowind who also teaches you acrobatics.

98. (Not sure if posted before :s) Apparently, if you drop all the goblin totems in a spot, hordes of goblin clans will rush towards the spot and fight each other.

Edited by majormittens

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

There's some foreshadowing to the plot of ESO.

Ever notice how Order of the Black Worm dungeons have statues to Molag Bal in them?

The most prominent one in Raylen the gravefinder's cave.

Also, I'm not sure about this one, as I might have misread it, but on the PS3 W KOTN release of TESIV which I played before I got the PC version, I'm sure if you sit out in daylight enough as a vampire (And I reallydo mean AGES) realtime ingame, keeping yourself alive with master alchemy restroe health potions you'll get a message which says something that your total sunlight damage will always be reduced by 25% or by some degree.

I'm not sure if I mis-read a message and looked at my Vampirism stage and thought it was wrong, or if it was something in that copy I had, for the PS3 alone, or it was in the game and no one found it because of how much I actually went out in the sunlight for.

Anyhow, It'd be best to see if you can replicate it, by fidning out whatever official patch version of oblvion was the PS3 KOTN version (I know it was one without the zombie hair beign fixed) become a vampire, and simply play with master alchemy, keeping yourself alive no matter what surign the day.

It said something about your days or something basking in the sun.

You may try to wait during the day, but I don't think that triggers it.

But if someone could do a playthrough and keep playing for ages on end to confirm this, that'd be great.

I may have just gotten a vampire dream messae box during daytime you see, but that isn't the only odd thing because I once had an experience with the PS3 with KOTN version where I died when I got the necromancer cuts into you message box ingame after waitign during the day.

could someone look into this for me?