object ownership revamp suggestions?

GodofWolves

I have been unable to find a mod the revamps the ownership of items though out the whole game of new vegas. So far the closest mod to this is http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49827/?

that mod is incomplete and basically dead; so I decided the I will make a mod that tries to achieve what Improved Ownership set out to do.

Over all I have to say make these changes are easy to make but it is time consuming and a bit tedious when done on a large-scale.

once I releases this mod then I plan to check if ownership of objects in the caves owned by the Sorrows and the Dead Horses of the dlc honest hearts need adjustment.

I am already working on tin cans, empty bottles, and garbage bins.

Also various small things that were not considered stealing in the vanilla game are now considered stealing.

I plan to change the ownership of paperweights next. Being shot over taking a paperweights is stupid.

any suggestions what specific things or locations with objects should have an ownership changed? If get no replies to this then this mod will still be done anyway but relies would be helpful.

Edited by GodofWolves

You could probably save yourself all the trouble by simply using a script which, whenever the player enters any game cell for the first time, would scan it for certain items and clear their ownership.

Tell me if you're interested.

You could probably save yourself all the trouble by simply using a script which, whenever the player enters any game cell for the first time, would scan it for certain items and clear their ownership.

Tell me if you're interested.

well I have no clue how to script so sure if you have a scrip help speed up making the mod it would nice.

there was a bright side of going thought this timely endeavor, I may have discovered why a NCR MP appeared out nowhere and attacked while I was stealing food from the ultralux kitchen.

strangely enough the food in the ultralux kitchen's food ownership is under the faction of NCRObsolete and not VWhiteGolveSocityfaction like every thing else in the kitchen by default. now I need to figure out what the propose of NCRObsolete is in fallout new vegas.

Edited by GodofWolves

The below script both clears ownership of certain items and handles oddities such as the one you encountered at the UltraLux's kitchen.

Note that this script require NVSE v4.2b2 (or newer). It also requires that you launch the GECK via nvse_loader.exe, as explained here (second paragraph under 'Installation' section).

1. Create a new Form List (Miscellaneous > Form List) with the ID ClearOwnershipItemsList.

2. Open the from list and "drag" into it (from the Object Window) all the items you want to have no ownership (like tin cans, empty bottles, etc.).

3. Create a new Script (Miscellaneous > Script), set Script Type to Quest, and use the following code:

scn ScanClearOwnershipScript

short bInitialize
float fTimer
ref rCurrentCell
ref rItem
array_var aVisitedCells

begin GameMode

if bInitialize == 0
let bInitialize := 1
let aVisitedCells := ar_Construct Array
let fTimer := GameDaysPassed
elseif (GameDaysPassed - fTimer) > 2
let rCurrentCell := bInitialize := 0
let aVisitedCells := ar_Null
Return
endif

if rCurrentCell != player.GetParentCell
let rCurrentCell := player.GetParentCell
if eval ((ar_Find rCurrentCell aVisitedCells) < 0)
ar_Append aVisitedCells rCurrentCell
let rItem := GetFirstRef 201
while IsFormValid rItem
if rItem.IsInList ClearOwnershipItemsList
if rItem.GetOwner
rItem.SetOwnership
endif
elseif player.IsInInterior == 0
elseif rItem.GetParentCellOwner && rItem.GetOwner
rItem.ClearOwnership
endif
let rItem := TeddyBear01
let rItem := GetNextRef
loop
endif
endif

end

4. Create a new Quest (Actor Data > Quest), set the ID to ScanClearOwnershipQuest, tick Start Game Enabled, and from the Script dropbox select ScanClearOwnershipScript.

5. Save the plugin and you're done.

so what exactly do I do with this part of the script

let rItem := TeddyBear01

let rItem := GetNextRef

it looks like I would have to add ids but I don't know what that would exactly do the item id's I added

I am not going to even attempt learn how to scripting just to understand how this script works until my last final on the 16th is done. all will be doing mod wise is changing the objects ownership on a individual basis that I don't want universally unowned during a few of my breaks.

Edited by GodofWolves

This script uses a method called "reference walking", which has a small bug in it. The code line let rItem := TeddyBear01 is a workaround for this bug. TeddyBear01 is completely arbitrary - any form ID can be used, it makes no difference.

@jazzisparis

I'm sorry for breaking in. But this topic is exactly where I can ask about it =)

Should I use :

set AnythingRef to Pencil01
            set AnythingRef to GetNextRef

In this loop? It's the first time I'm working with list loops, so I want to be sure, and I see you just used "let AnythingRef" in the list loop above.

if iLoop == 1
        Label 1
        if ListGetCount ModdedList
            set ModdedForm to ListRemoveNth ModdedList 0
            ModdedForm.disable
            MessageEX "%n removed from Modded list" moddedform
            Goto 1
        endif
    endif
Edited by Xilandro

I am the kind of person who does not cares if somebody uses a mod I make as an assets for a compilation or something like that as long they credit me.

but since an asset you provided is part of this mod then how does would giving permission for it be used by another work?

Edited by GodofWolves